France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I would be fuming at that too nezi.

We have found that there just isn't the time to use the pools so have never bothered booking hotels with them, of course you have paid extra though for this facility which is nolonger available to you, so not your fault. Can you not change your booking to one of the other hotels and claim the difference as a refund, I would have thought that would be reasonable. We have stayed at the Santa Fe and Cheyenne and are booked for the Cheyenne again as the children loved the cowboy theme.

charley24, DLP only sell Disney related merchandise I'm afraid and Club Penguin, of which my children are also fans, is not related to Disney.
I think Club Penguin must be Disney-related, as they've just started selling a whole range of this at my local Disney store in Nottingham.

Can I ask at Blue Lagoon, say our vouchers are worth £36 per adult (we actually paid this but was supposed to be 15% discount, does this mean they are worth more?) Can we get a higher priced menu and pay the difference ?
I can't recall if the Blue Lagoon is now a plus or premium restaurant? If its a plus, you'd be better using your premium vouchers here at face value, and choosing off the a la carte menu.

Can you tell me the link to ezyshuttle ? might be a better idea !
I can't post the link, but just google ezyshuttle.com, Paris, and it'll come up.

Off to Disney shop at weekend to buy outfits, have been told a lot cheaper here.
They certainly are - outfits at Disneyland Paris start at 45 euros, and go up to about 70 :yikes :yikes !!

When we arrive it will be about 6pm, so won't be ready for dinnr til about 8.30. it seems the park closes at 7pm....so that means we have to eat in disney village as park is shut ? Is that right ?

Yes, but Cafe Mickey is in the Village. You can also eat at your own hotel, or any onsite hotel's restaurant. They are open until around 11pm every evening, just like the restaurants in the Village.

Hope this helps,

Elaine
You are quite right about Club Penguin being related to Disney, I do apologise - perhaps merchandise will become available then at DLP.
Thanks Elaine !

Yes Disney bought Club Pengion some time ago, pleased they are selling at disney store !! If not I was just going to order from the disneystore online !

So say I go to the Blue Lagoon and I say I have these vouchers, I know I paid £36.00 pounds, so does that mean the value is 36.00 ??? I only ask as I thought that was with discount (15%) but can't find the actual value on the disney site ?

I will look up the shuttle, sounds like a plan !

I think we may book Cafe Mickey for the evening we arrive but wondering if worth it as it won't be til 8.30pm and maybe they don't do it that late ?

I think I need to ring Disney !!!!!

Thanks yet again Elain,e can you not come with us !!!!!!!!!! The trip would be easier with you as our guide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We went to Cafe mickey's for 7.45pm but it was 8.30pm before we got seated and was 10pm before we left. But we did see more characters as we were one of the few left.
Its definitely worth going to Cafe Mickey, even at 8.30pm. The characters are there until 11pm each evening, so you won't miss anything by going at that time. Cafe Mickey is one of my favourite restaurants for dinner at DLRP :) .

Your half board vouchers advertise "up to" 15% off - but thats only based on the exchange rate when Disney set the prices. In fact, half board vouchers aren't as good value as they were say 6 months ago, because the exchange rate has got so much worse since then. At face value, your premium vouchers are worth (I think) around 44 euros per adult, around 20 euros per child. Thats why I think you'd be best using them at face value at Walts, Cafe Mickey, and the Blue Lagoon - because all of those are on the half board plus plan for set menus, which means you'll get more value for your premium vouchers if you use them at face value in those restaurants.

If you could smuggle me and my 8-year old in your suitcases, I'd happily be your guide ;) !

Elaine
As usual thanks Elaine !

I am going to book:

Cafe Mickey
Blue Lagoon
Wild West
Inventions

And hopefully the vouchers will cover these, I am so excited 18 days to go !
If I could I would take you and your 8 year old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't beleive it has come round so fast and I am off to disneystore at weekend to get us some outfits (yes I will be a sad mum in Minnie Mouse ears) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elaine...............................

I hope you can help ! I have lost almost 4 stones as I have been on the cambridge diet and I am almost at goal and moving up plans and introducing food......but my appetite is tiny, now obviously I have paid for the premium vouchers so I was wondering what restaurants are best for smaller portions, or of better things like fish chicken etc.

I have found a site where people have posted pix of food and the portions are soooooooooooooooooooo big !!!

I wonder if I should go to inventions twice so that it's just buffet style !

Anyone have any advice ?
Wow congrats on losing all that weight - thats an amazing achievement :D !!

Table service meals, I find, are big, at DLRP. Having said that, apart from the pizzas, the servings at Cafe Mickey really aren't too huge.

Inventions certainly will be fine, as its a buffet, and you can put as much or as little on your plate as you like. The Blue Lagoon is a restaurant I've never eaten it, but I expect it would be along similar lines to Cafe Mickey for portion sizes.

The biggest portions I've had at table service meals have been at the Rainforest Cafe (an obscene amount of food on the plates imho).

Its going to be your judgement call at the end of the day, enjoy ;) .
We are staying near Disneyland Paris over easter, and I am wondering if anyone knows where to get a good deal on tickets only??? :D
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when it will be possible to book Disneyland Paris for December? Right now it will only allow bookings till November 08th.

Thanks,
Stevj016.
hello, were thinking of going to dlp in february, we have never been and not sure wher to start!!! there will be 2 adults and 3 children under 12 going. i have been looking at the davy crocket ranch because of room sizes and im wanting to drive.The hotels seem to only cater for 4, does anyone know,or have any advice on that park? And if the accomodation will to cold for that time of year? because it looks like caravans. We would consider on site hotels so any advice would be good many thanks.
Try searching a site like hotel.com using the criteria of 2 adults 3 children - it brings up a few choices. One is the explorers hotel - I have stayed in the kyriad disneyland, and these hotels are a bit cheaper than the official disney ones but you still have all the advantages of disney transport etc.

We went a few years ago in Feb - it was very cold but that didn't spoil things - just dress up warm.
we have booked today!! To stay at the davey crocket ranch, 4 days 3 nights for £488.00 everything included, going by euro star on the 9th of february!! we were very happy with that, we got a bit of driving to do, but really looking forward to it.It does seem odd that the site hotels don't cater for familys over the size of 4,if they do they charge almost double. Has anyone got any good advice for driving to dlp? how much are the motorway tolls? And how long does it take when you exit the eurostar tunnel to drive to dlp? any help would be good thankyou!!!
Has anyone got any good advice for driving to dlp? how much are the motorway tolls? And how long does it take when you exit the eurostar tunnel to drive to dlp? any help would be good thankyou!!!

I would go to http://www.michelin.fr and type in the details of your journey - Calais Tunnel to Disneyland Paris - and hopefully not only will you get a good route but also details of the toll charges. Hope this helps x
Hi hope you can help. Looking to book DL Paris for Oct Half Term for 2 adults and a 4 yr old. We are on a budget really and I have found via local coach a trip for an off site hotel for 2 nights and 2 day pass (leaving at 3 on 2nd day) at a total cost of £485. Is this cheap? And also is that enough time to see the park and do everything that a 4yr old can do?

Or does anyone have any suggestions of cheaper ways of going? Ideally we would like to stay 3 nights and have 2 whole days there. We would prefer not to drive ourselves. I think our max budget would be about £600 but I would hope for 3 nights for that...

Any advice would be very welcomed

thanks
Going to DLP on 18th Oct 2010, for 5 nights staying at the Disney hotel, any tips would be appreciated, do's and dont's
Thanks
Know this is a bit of an old thread but for anyone thinking of heading here I have a few tips:
Firstly, get there early...queues are HORRENDOUS! Secondly, if you know anyone who works there, this can be a huge help. A friend of a friend got a group of five of us in for free, and fancied a day in the park himself so came round with us and got a lot of free queue jump tickets! Also, if you're planning a day trip, seriously consider that there are two parts to the park - the park and the studios, and one day is just not enough for both. If you have to choose, the park is better for the little ones, whereas the Studios have better rides...Tower of Terror, Rock etc. Hmm what else...some shows are well worth seeing...research them beforehand though, again to avoid queues and disappointment. I would generally avoid the Summer months as walking around one of the most crowded theme parks I have ever been to under a burning sun is just not healthy...
We have just got home yesterday from DLP, we had a good time we stayed 4 days and 3 nights at the the davey crocket ranch which was excellent. Being the ranch was only 12 minutes away from the park it was far enough away from disney to forget it for a few hours before doing it all again the next day!!
We arrived at DLP Wednesday afternoon checked in collected tickets, dumped our bags at the ranch and headed to the park.The park was very quiet not even half of the 1st car park was full! We headed for the studios, the very 1st ride we went on was The Hollywood Tower!! Wasn't expecting that!! That was the only ride we had to queue for and that was only 5 minutes! The next day we into disney land, it great that we didn't have to queue up again for any of the rides for no longer than 5 minutes,we managed to go on every ride in the park! Very long day tho we all knackerd by the evening!
We decided to take the train to Paris on the Friday,we departed Disney station and was in the centre of Paris in half an hour! Walked around the the Arc- de- triomphe and up the Eiffel Tower.Very easy to get around but again alot of walking.
Saturday we headed off to the park again for a couple of hours before we left for the drive home. It was very busy 1 hour wait on most of the rides completly different to the last few days and we didn't enjoy it one bit! Not sure if we will go again we had a good time, but we would only come for weekdays out of season, because if thats what summers like then id rather keep well away!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.