France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I do read it online as I find it an easy layout. I do know about booking flights from abroad coming out cheaper but that's to do with our airport taxes etc being high.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
I do read it online as I find it an easy layout. I do know about booking flights from abroad coming out cheaper but that's to do with our airport taxes etc being high.

But why, if I am buying a ticket to fly into the country should I have to pay UK taxes, Surely I should pay the local taxes in the same way as if I walked up to the desk in Amsterdam?

I don't like being in Europe but surely is we are all European we should all be treated the same?
It's our government who charge us APD. I priced up a flight to Fuerteventura and included in my outbound flight is £13 APD then £44 'other airport charges'

The return leg is zero APD with £41 'other airport charges' Jet2 hasn't stipulated what these 'other charges' are in their costing.

However, I did a dummy booking from Amsterdam to Fuerteventura and they had charges listed as €12 airport security, €15 Passenger service, €2 sound insulation, €6 departure tax, €4 Safety surcharge.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.