Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Helene

I saw this site, it covers many sports including different levels of diving it may be of interest

CHECK THIS

Hope it's of interest
Many companies won't insure you beyond 30m unless you specifically have "deep dive" training. normal recreational diving limits are 30m - and actually TECHNICALLY you are restricted to 30m in Egypt anyway.

Would strongly recommend DAN membership/insurance as the market leaders, excellent cover and advice (I should know having got DCI in Egypt 2 yrs ago!!) https://www.daneurope.org/eng/english_.htm
Don't go cheap

Diving is a dangerous sport (I should know I've been a patient of a DAN hospital in Cozumel :bawl )

the Divers Alert Network insurance is the best and has extra benefits the address is on the post above so I'll not repeat it
These guys are pretty good and you are insured to the depth of your qualification.
http://www.divinginsuranceuk.com/
Get out clause.Read the policy to ensure its what yoy want!
Thanks so much to everybody for such prompt replies. I have been onto the DAN site, but cant actually work out if you have to become an annual member or whether I could just get a single trip insurance for my son?
Both Rob and myself are insured through DAN..and it is a yearly thing as they don't offer cover for a one off holiday. If your lad is planning on diving, he will find that unless you are doing the "deep" course, diving is restricted to 30m in Egypt (although people do stray deeper than this) with some schools being more strict on this rule than others.
You may find that some schools will not even allow your son to dive without first checking his level of insurance cover..and generally your average holiday insurance cover is seen as inadequate. DAN insurance will cover your son to the depth at which he is qualified to dive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.