Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Lisbon - I just wanted to add that to avoid problems with the shuttle buses, there is no need to use them at all. The hop-on, hop-off buses pick up from where the ship docks. Just join the tour there and eventually use it to return to the ship. We were on IOS last July and did this in Lisbon. You can also use the bus ticket on the old tram up to the castle at the top of the hill in Lisbon in the Alfama district, if you use the yellow buses, not the red ones.

In Gran Canaria, there is also one of these bus tours starting from near where the ship docks. However, we got a taxi direct to the 'Casa de Colon' in the old part of town. This is a very atmospheric old house, now a Columbus museum, which I think was free. It is very near the cathedral which has statues of 'Canarian' (Latin canes = dog) dogs outside. Then we walked up the pedestrianised shopping street to a lovely big square and got a taxi back to the ship from there.

Madeira - you really should do the toboggan trip down, as it is the traditional thing to do there! Either get the cable car up or a taxi.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.