Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
For the last couple of years I have wanted to go to Lido de Jesolo, particularly wanting to stay at the Cesare Augustus....but there is no direct flight from Newcastle and hubby won't travel down to Manchester. Cannot blame him as we only live 20 minutes away from Newcastle Airport.
You've got two problems here.

First, now that we only really have 2 main package tour operators (TC and TUI) they have reached the point where they decide where the market goes and the customer can like it or lump it!

Second. Italy is getting quite expensive compared to the competition so fewer people want to go which makes it less likely that big tour ops will go there. The price of your holiday isn't relevant to them - how much of that ended up as profit to the operator is what counts and they could probably make as much profit out of a cheaper holiday to Spain which would be easier to sell.

If you do go DIY make sure you find an insurance policy that covers the risk of losing prepaid hotel costs if the flight goes wrong (or better still, find a hotel that doesn't want paying in advance!!).
I am going to one of the hotels, which thomas cook/airtours did as a holiday package

The hotel owner is reaching out to uk travel makers, and doing all she can to get to rebookings, including getting picked from rimini airport, arranging excursions, full board inluding sunbed at the beach

when airtours cancelled the contracts she was annnoyed, but instantly spoke to each of us, and told us if we want to come back next, we can book directly with her
Give the lady full marks for initiative, I'd support anyone who won't let the big operators do whatever they please. And if you've already been and it's good you could add a proper review in the Hotel Review section (top left corner of the screen under the logo).
I have never been but my wife has. What is the name of the hotel and which airport would we fly to. Thank you in advance
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.