Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
dobrich
7 Posts
If you mean the city of Dobrich, then it's 142.126 km from Sunny Beach.
how much is kms in time is it worth a visit
How much are miles in time? Depends on the state of the roads, how you travel, roadworks, etc., etc.

I like Dobrich, but my house is only a short bus ride away - from Sunny Beach, it would be a fair trek.

If I were in your position, I'd probably go to Varna instead, a shorter journey of 89.608 km and about 15 Leva each way by bus.

Have a look at BG Maps where you can check out towns, distances, routes, etc. (click on Union Flag for English version)
Hi Baldur you seem to know well the answers to our questions. So here comes mine, I am looking at properties over in Dobrich, is the area safe? I dont want something like in a resort as I live in Malta and in summer (June - September) my village is a resort and I want to get away from that. I thought about Dobrich as its near to Varna and you can go northwest also into other european countries for a visit.
But I will take your comments eagerly.
Thanks
Marisa
Hi Marisa,

Baldur is away at the moment and I'm not sure when he's coming back.

Just over a week ago we were in Dobrich, and we've been regular visitors since 1989.

Called Tolbukhin in Communist times and up to 1991, it's a fair sized industrial town (for Bulgaria), well known for shoes and other leather goods.

The town centre is a large unattractive pedestrian precinct of concrete and glass, which is stonking hot in summer, and I understand very cold in winter.

"Is the area safe?" Difficult question. Most visitors enter via road from the direction of Varna or Albena, are dropped off near the city centre, have a look at the shops, visit a cafe, restaurant, bar, or two, then go home. Don't think any of us who go on day trips will have much idea of the full extent of the place, and whether it would be a good place to buy property.

If you asked me if York was safe, I could tell you there are few problems where I live, but there are some parts best avoided. However, I live here, and I think you'll agree there wouldn't be much point in asking the same question of any of the thousands of tourists who come here every year from all over the world.

You might do better asking your question on the Ex-Pats & Owners Abroad Forum, HERE, or on one of the other websites dedicated to British property owners in Bulgaria.

Good luck,

Peter
Ok thanks pete just did that :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.