Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I dont know much about the turunc-marm route - but you just get on, hand over your money and tell the driver how many people - They will then get you change - At a pure guesstimate i would say that route about 4 -5 lira :?:

Sometimes if it is busy and you are sitting towards the back of the bus - you just hand your money to the person in front saying '2' for example if there are 2 of u - they will then pass it on until it finally reaches the driver - Your change will be passed back in the same way via all the people in front of you

When you want to get off just get up and go stand by the door - Driver will then stop at the next available stop - If it is too busy for you to get up and get to the door - just shout 'stop please'

It really is so easy - And remember the drivers are used to tourists not knowing the routine :D

LA
Another thing - im sure you can get a water taxi from Turunc to Marm/Icmeler - This would make a nice change

LA
Thanks for the advice Leighanne.

Yes, I heard about the water taxi but I think they finish running late afternoon.

I guess that if we went into Marmaris for an evening out, we could get a taxi back but I don't know how much that would be and whether or not taxis like to be paid in YTL or Sterling.

Rowdy
You will enjoy the dolmus when you get used to it, as everyone says just ask driver to stop, or get of at the last stop in Marmaris which is the bazzar.
I would get the water taxi over as that is relaxing, you just go to the harbour, hop on and away you go, get dolmus back.
All the taxi's display the price, just confirm before you get in.
You will have a great time and become expert by the end of your hols, enjoy.
Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.

I'm sure the Turkish are used to tourists not being very sure of things. Still, anything I do to prevent myself from looking stupid is great :oops:

Rowdy
:lol: :lol: :lol: You'll LOVE a dolmus or taxi ride over the mountains from Turunc!!!! :roll: ....if you don't mind heights and hairpin bends :rofl :lol: :lol: It was just O.H. who hated it :lol: When we left our hotel to return to the airport they sent a taxi for us....he sat in the front with very white knuckles :lol: :lol: Don't worry.... :lol: :wink: we didn't see many go over the edge! :lol: :lol:
hi rowdy, i think the dolmus to marmaris is about 3m tl it leaves turunc every hour but im sure last bus back is 1am in the season it is very hair raising if not used to it but u will get used to it... have a great time think u leave as i get there 19 july......tracy
:lol: It's ok coming back from a night out......it's dark!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
hi pam, i totally disagree about coming back in the dark, i at least like to know were im going and think its far worse in the dark, especially the last bus home when the driver is hurtling round those bends as fast as he can as he is ready for his bed, and if you are like me and have just had a meal in marmaris and a skinfull of effes it doesnt bear thinking about whats going on in your tummy,( dont mean to put you off rowdy as it cant be that bad ive been doing it for the past eleven years)....tracy
:wink: It was said tongue in cheek! :lol: :lol: Agree...coming back at night is like a trip on Space Mountain at Disney!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: At least you can't SEE the drops :lol:
the moral of the story is JUST STAY IN TURUNC ( only joking )i live near blackpool and love the big dipper ha ha
:lol: So THAT'S why I didn't mind the dolmus rides - and O.H. did...he hates funfairs etc...gets giddy just standing watching!!! :lol: :lol:

Personally.....now all you Marmaris lovers PLEASE don't shoot me down in flames....but after a day visit we couldn't WAIT to get back to Turunc!!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.