Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi,

To be honest if it rains it can in both areas of the Dom Rep,north and east gets rain.

Here is the history of the weather in Punta Cana.(east) Punta Cana is for R&R

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MDPC/2009/1/1/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

And Puerto Plata (north) more to do, so you can get out and about.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MDPP/2009/1/1/MonthlyHistory.html

Yes its hot, and just to mention when it does rain its normally late afternoon or overnight.

Angie.
Hi Thanks it was agreat help. now my husband said he wants to go somewhere were he can go off the hotel and there is some outside entertainment. without having to stay within the grounds.
I have read the north side seems to be good for that
Yes the north side is much better for getting out and about, lots of things to do,we always stay at the Iberostar Costa Dorada in the north.

What resort are yo looking at, have you any in mind?

If you need any info just get in touch and I will help as much as I can.

Angie.
Hi we are thinking of going there for two weeks in jan as its my birthday.he does not want anywhere that is restricted.

we want all inclusive. on the beach, costa dorada .with nothing to do off the complex my husband might get board, is it a popular time after xmas or quiet

I did want the east side but really think will be to quite for hubby.

suz :) :sun2
suz,

Most of the resorts are all inclusive in this area Costa Dorada Beach you have 2 resorts Iberostar Costa Dorada and Grand Oasis Marien or you have the Playa Dorada Complex which is on the Playa Dorada Beach with quite a few resorts there to choose from.
This is a gated community with a golf course in the centre, shops, bars and restaurants/cafes money changing facilities and bank.
You can also get off resort with excursions here is a good site to look at with many to have a look at.

http://www.isairatours.com/tours.html

January time is not quiet, as quite a few people like to get away and break up our winter months also the Americans and Canadians like to get away from their snowfalls which are heavy at this time of year for them.

Angie.
Thanks angie thats given us something to go . will let you know what we decide

suz :sun2
suz,

Yes please do, shall be very interested in your decision.

Angie.
We stayed in Punta Cana from 29th January for 2 weeks last year. The first week we had great weather then it rained for the next 5 days and nights. It was a bit hard to find enough to keep us occupied with such a long period of rain other than eat and drink!!
If you have booked to go on a trip and the weather is bad they still go, you dont get a refund. We did the safari in the pouring rain with the truck covered in plastic and all the diesel fumes coming in, yuck!
the weather cleared up for our last day and a half. The locals said this was very unusual weather for the time of the year It was the weel that we had heavy snow here in the UK.
I guess the weather is the one thing you have to take pot luck on wherever you go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.