Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Dom Rep Visas
49 Posts
Hi Lorraine.

You should be able to get your visa from here.
CLICK HERE

Also as an added extra here is the latest travel advice for you as well.
CLICK HERE

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Ken. :)
*Edit to shorten links. Pippy :wink: *
I thought you could get visas when you get there?

Is it easier or cheaper to sort them out before you go??

Heather :)
Heather86,
It is not cheaper to do it before you go (but not too much difference). But we got them before leaving home on our last trip. You can complete them in the comfort of your own home. I don't feel that bright after a 9 1/2 hour flight and it makes it so much easier on arrival. You just hand them in a walk through. If you have children you have to complete one each for them as well......IMHO it is so much less hassle.
Lorraine
Just received a letter from the tour operator. There is a change of address for the Dominican Consulate. New address is as follows:

Embassy of the Dominican Republic
139 Inverness Terrace
Bayswater
London
W2 6JF
Tel: 0207 727 6285

*Don't worry if you have sent items to the Consulate in Liverpool, all documents received there will automatically be transfered to London*
I've just returned from The DR and I bought my visa out there for 10 dollars, about a 5 minute queue and didnt even need to fill it in, I just paid and got it stamped at the next desk.

It may depend on the staff and time of day but it was certainly no hassle.

samx
Hi

Do I need a visa for the DR? If so, do I have to purchase whilst in Uk?

Please advise

Thanks

A
Amandacan

You do need a visa. You can either purchase before you travel or once you are there for about $10 so make sure you carry some dollars with you on the way out and a pen. See above for details if you wish to purchase before you go though.

I have always purchased mine once we have arrived and never queued for longer than about 15 minutes. Its before you collect your luggage and the luggage has never been there once we got through to collect it!
Si the queuing an airport thing? We went to Punta Cana airport, there were loads of people form filling around the middle but we didn't have one so walked up to the passport chappie to show the passports and see what happened, he took our money and gave us 2 blank forms back with the passports. No queue, no form filling. We filled the other bit in one day while it was raining and there was nothing on the tele!
Same experience at Punta cana airport, we handed the filled out forms together with the money, the dollars were whisked out of our hands and the forms were promptly tossed into a box without even being looked at!!!

Beware, they can put the exit tax up without warning - did so 2 years ago whilst we were there, didn't have enough to pay in all dollars so offered to make up the difference in pesos - they didn't like that one bit!! (but accepted reluctantly)

ATB,J.
Will the exit fee be $25us dollars for July 2005?
The rep told us they now do accept DR Pesos as readily as US dollars. He even told us to get them from the ATM at the airport. Was 600DR I think
I have just received our visa's for D R.from the consulate.A new system started on Jan 1st 06 and its very simple.
Send to Consulate the following;
1 Photocopy of passport with photo on it.

2 Postal Order for £8 per visa.

3 Stamped addressed envelope A5 size.

Thats it,received Visa's after 7 days.They are now wallet card size.

Hope this helps.
Dennis, can you give me the address or telephone number of the DR consulate, so I can request the tourist card/visas. Thanks Lorraine
Hi Lorraine

I think you'll find the information you need in THIS LINK.

Pippy :D
just got my dom rep visas through the post today but the envelopes where both opened and all that was inside was the cards. I am worried just incase the passport photocopies where also returned and now taken.

can anyone confirm if its just the visa cards that are sent back and nothing else to put my mind at rest.

thanks
Mine have just been returned today also and it was just the tourist cards inside, no photocopies of the passports or anything else.....so I guess that must be all they return
thanks for that mate. cheers :D
Are the visas supposed to have our names or passport numbers on them? In cuba, we had to write the information on them, but there's no space... also, my mum and mine were together, is one specifically assigned to me, and one to mum?
So it looks as if something has changed since last year. If these cards don't have names on them I guess, you can use either. I wonder if they issue a different colour childrens one or if they are all the same??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.