America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.

Several small problems with the apartment when we arrived - sweaty pillows and bedcovers, dirt on the bed valance, everything a little dusty and a dirty bbq grill on the balcony - but the worst thing was we hadn't been told the apartment was up for sale. There had been open house the week before we got there and during our first week in the apartment we had six visits from either the air con engineer or the Realtor, who then brought a prospective purchaser to look round the apartment (we had to go out) and she suggested we might like to make the beds and tidy up a bit! iTrip vacations were supposedly trying to contact the owner during our second week but nothing happened. When I wrote a formal letter on our return suggesting they might like to consider a small refund for the inconvenience (rental of the apartment for 2 weeks was almost $2400) I didn't get a response. After much pestering the local office wrote a curt reply saying they wouldn't be any refund. I wrote to the main office in Clearwater, with no response. I contacted the CEO of iTrip Vacations through Linkedin and he didn't respond but must have contacted the Clearwater office as I DID get a very rude, childish email saying there will be no refund and stop writing!

So, all in all, a very disappointing and unbusinesslike way to deal with a complaint. We have never been treated in this way in America before and have been going to Florida for 10 or more years.
What a cheek sending viewers round, asking you to tidy up beforehand & leave the accommodation! I'd have refused.
That is disgraceful! As it is part of tripadvisor I wonder if you should contact them?
If I'd known how unresponsive the owner was going to be I might have purposely left it untidy! To be honest they didn't ask us to leave I just didn't feel comfortable sitting in the apartment or on the balcony while the realtor was going round. They only brought one person round the other visits were the air con engineers, who were actually there for hours on one day. Not a very comfortable first week.
I did write to Trip Advisor but got no response. It's very disheartening when they don't reply.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.