Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
HI
prices will depend on where you eat and drink. You can get a pint of beer for as little as 40pin some places or you can pay £1.50 / £2 on the main drag. 0.89lev in Malina Bar near Artist Street and 1lev in Fara. The further you are from the beach area the cheaper the prices are.
Hi burnleylad

Depends where you are going, as HMJ says.

In most resorts, prices are significantly higher than 'normal' Bulgarian ones - I recently had a snack lunch of 3 kebapcheta with lutenitsa, a bread roll and a 500ml can of Kamenitza beer for 2.70 Leva (around 1.10 Pounds) outside the Kaufland supermarket in Dobrich - a draught beer alone would cost you more than that along the beachfront in Albena.

At Bistro 'Sezoni' (Seasons) in the commercial centre of Dobrich, a 500ml glass of draught Shumensko costs 1.90 Leva, whereas the same drink costs 50 Stotinki from a Sladkarnitsa 75 yards away.

Baldur
Yes you can buy Bud ....but why not try some of the great Bulgarian beers avaliable Zagorka,Kaminitza,Astika,Wymenchko these beers are not to be sniffed at & will be much cheaper than imports like Bud
why not try some of the great Bulgarian beers avaliable Zagorka,Kaminitza,Astika,Wymenchko

Agreed, they are also nearly all brewed by the same multi-national brewers which brew the likes of Budweiser, etc., anyway.

@DOA - "Шуменско" - is Shumensko in Roman characters... The squared Cyrillic 'Ш' is 'Sh' not 'W' ;)

Baldur
Quite agre with doa and Baldur aout the ocal beers, very enjoyable.... (hubby also is more than happy to partake of them and he can be quite fussy about his beer - well to start off with anyway). Have you had your birthday yet Baldur, if so hope the celebrations were good and the rakia was plentiful. How is the weather, my friends internet is playing up and she also have been invaded by visitors so have not heard from her for a few days. Roll on the 17th August. Nels
Hi there,I was in sunny beach from the 4th to the 11th of July.It cost four of us about 8o lev for our dinner and this included drinks.This works out about 40 euro so its for nothing.Had a fantastic time there and would recommend it to anyone. :cheers
Hi Nels,

Yes, my birthday celebrations were great, thanks - plenty of rakia (especially since I have made friends with Stoyan, who runs the village kazan (distillery), I am now not allowed to walk past without sampling the latest batch of rakia!).

The weather has been very warm to hot in the Dobrich/Albena/Varna areas, so you will hopefully have good weather for your holiday - I was walking from the Cherno More Hotel to the Sea Garden in Varna at midnight last night in just shorts & T-shirt, viewing a really interesting display ofphotographs of Bulgaria taken from a motorised hang-glider.

Baldur
hi im goin top sunny beach and stoping in hotel polyusi is it cheap round that area and i looked at the post earlyer and ot said a meal and drinks for 4 for 80lev how much is that in english ? and how hot is it in july we r going at the back end thankyou
80 leva at the resort exchange rate is around £34 AT THE MOMENT. If you are going at the end of July 2009, both the exchange rate and prices are likely to be different, and prices have been going up every year.

The weather however will be hot to very hot, as far as one can ever predict the weather.

Peter
Hi Burnleylad. There are plenty of places to eat and drink around the Polyusi and you will probably find them cheaper than in the centre which is about a ten minutes walk away. But TBH, I didn't eat anywhere which particularly broke the bank. I think probably out most expensive bill for two of us for a meal and several drinks was about 80lv in the Jupiter and we had the sizzle plates which were probably the most expensive thing on the menu, but it was still much cheaper than we would pay at home. We generally ate breakfast in the Polyusi restuarant which is just outside the hotel next to the Indian and that came to about 25lv for say two english breakfasts, two coffees, a water, a sprite and a diet coke (we were often dehydrated ;) ) or about a tenner.
Incidentally, if you do want somewhere cheap, La Banana on the front about a five minute walk frrom the hotel (you can cut through down the left side of the Excelsior Hotel past Cyrstals) is very cheap. We paid about 30lv for two meals and a couple of drinks each.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.