Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Cheers Martuk. will defo wait then to get to sharm/or in flight if its that cheap. :lol:

Paul :wink:
Hi all

We only have a couple of weeks now before we go and getting really excited, (fly out on 28th sept from gatwick to coral sea)

1, what are the rules on fetching things like cigarettes, Tobacco and booze back?

2, are there any banks close to coral sea?

Thanks

Michelle
Your duty free allowances.

When travelling from outside the EU to the UK you are allowed to bring in the following, provided you travel with the items and do not intend to sell them.

200 cigarettes; or 100 cigarillos; or 50 cigars; or 250 gms of tobacco
2 litres of still table wine
1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22% volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine, sparkling wine or other liqueurs
60cc/ml of perfume
250cc/ml of toilet water
£145 worth of all other goods including gifts and souvenirs
:D We are going to Sharm next Aug for 2 weeks :D

Staying at the Coral Sea Resort :lol:

Can any one tell us the duty free allowance please?

Ciggy's Tabacoo and Sprirts also Gifts and Present to bring back into England thanks.
can any one tell me what restrictions are on duty free from sharm to uk
what are you allowed to take in and bring back
also is it true you have to purchase duty free 24hrs after arriving
We travelled to Cairo, Aswan & Luxor only last month and there are 2 ways to purchase.

If you buy within 24hrs of arriving - you can purchase a slightly higher amount of spirits.
But you can buy from the government shop within 48hrs of your arrival.

I can't see that it will be any different in Sharm.

Cyprus100
hello,

does anyone know the opening hours of the duty free shops at Sharm airport and also at the shop at naama bay?

I read somewhere that it was until 11pm, but I'd like to get this confirmed

Thanks
can any one tell me what restrictions are on duty free from sharm to uk
what are you allowed to take in and bring back

I'm not sure about alcohol but the limit for cigarettes is 200 per person for taking back to the UK. Non-European limits apply :wink:

Pippy :D
is it true that you have to buy your duty free within 24hous of landing in egypt we are off next week and have just been told this.
I think it may be 48 hours.
it was 24 hours when we was there but thats for the duty shop and you need your passport aswell
you can still buy duty free from other shops just not from the duty free shop after the 24 hours
I paid £7.99 for a litre of malibu as it costs £6 for one in hard rock cafe at Luton airport and took it through.
Do I buy my duty frees on the plane, or do I resist and save money and buy them in Egypt.

Does anybody know prices in Hurghada ?
I can't remember how much they cost as I'd given up when I was in Sharm this year, but if you're after a specific brand I'd recommend you buy them on the plane.
Don't know about Hurghada but in Sharm two years ago the choice was limited.

Pippy :D
If you want an English brand, it's probably cheaper buying them airside at the airport.
eg: XL--------400 Superkings £35
Manchester Duty free-----1000 Superkings £70

I personally wouldn't buy the egyptian "version" of english cigarettes :wink: If you want Egyptian cigarettes-Cleopatra etc------they're really, really cheap, about 20p per pack!
So is it worth waiting till I land in Hurghada and can you buy them at the airport on arrival?

Earlier posts imply that they are seriously cheaper than on the plane!
Going to egypt 24th december to sharm can I take as much tobbaco and ciggarettes from uk airport or is it the same as coming back from sharm?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.