Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Gaz

Was that just on spirits or did it apply to cigarettes and everything else?

We've visited the shop also on our visits and last time we were at Karnak so friends of ours went there too.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
untidytdi wrote:

English duty free whisky has been known to be for sale here, but at a high price = £35 ltr Bells :yikes

Gaz

English whisky!!! Wash you mouth out! I'm sure Bell's would be interested to know that they had moved south of the border.
Wash you mouth out!

Ha. Mouth Wash is probably stronger than the Egyptian versions of whisky.
Wifeys cousin and I sat drinking "Egyptian" whisky on board a cruiser one night many years ago,,,13 doubles each and we still didn,t fall in the Nile :que
I do apologise for insulting Mr Bell though :whoops , but the term "English Whisky" was the vendors name for it, I did buy an English style whisky that was bottled in Egypt and it was 40% proof too, called Auld Stag. Quite passable.. :tup
They do have some funny names though, like Johnny Wadi Red Table instead of Johnny walker Red Label, and Gordoons Gin :rofl

I,m not sure about the smokes at the duty free shop, but I do remember the guy saying you can buy 200 and 1 ltr UPON ENTRY at the airport.
To come home you can still buy anything you could want at the airport, we brought my brother 400 Superkings @£21 sterling.

Gaz
Ha, well if they are selling "English whisky" then you know it is fake. :D

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.