Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Mew

It doesn't matter whether they are imported, local, full strength, lights or even menthol the limit is 200 per adult and legally you can only bring back cigarettes for YOUR own personal consumption.

Patka
thanks for the advice.

i think i will just bring back none. because i dont smoke and i shouldnt be encouraging my friends to smoke either!!

:D
we brought back 400 between 2 of us and we dont smoke either,

mew im sure you will be fine if you stick to the limit,

have a good one

8)
Hi Fiona,

How do you calculate the six month period? Nobody seems to have an idea.

Denitsa
I can't answer that question with any authority I'm afraid. To be on the safe side it would be better to phone the London embassy directly.

24 Hour Visa Information Service: tel. 090 6550 8950
Bourgas airport only has a small duty free shop but it is really cheap. Although items are priced in Euros you can also pay in GBP or Lev. We bought a litre bottle of southern comfort for £9.60. Although we dont smoke we also got 400 Superkings for £20.00 and made a sister very happy.
any help on the duty free goods .. going to sunny beach in may and had different quotes on what can be brought back into england regarding cigarettes and wine
thanks in advance for any help
dave
Hi David, Bulgaria is not in the EU yet and therefore normal non EU duty free allowances apply.
200 ciggies, 1 Litre of spirits etc., per person. We have brought more back, as you do, without any probs, but we were not greedy.
Sometimes at Bourgas airport they can be very strict on the cigerettes so be warned.

8) The Toonman
Hi David
take a look here for more info.
thanks ... well worth knowing .. saves problems at airport
Could anybody who has recently flown from Manchester Airport to Bulgaria let me no whether you can buy duty free, as i have been informed that as the flight to bulgaria is under 4 hours, that i will not be able to go into duty free :x
Don't know about Manchester airport but, as Bulgaria is not yet an EU state, you are certainly entitled to duty free allowances, I have exercised that entitlement at several other UK airports.

See this thread for duty free information.

Baldur
Good Evening, I have never had any problems at Gatwick but you must produce Plane ticket. but do not overbuy as the customs at Varna were taking away what they said was excess. Tonyt.
Hi Tracy

Dont worry, you'll definitely be able to use Manchester duty free. In fact if you want genuine perfumes buy them there. Thats what I will be doing in September.

Patka
Yep, as Patka says Manchester is ok, I`ve used it the last 3 years. But what we need is for someone who is coming back soon to bring one of those mags off the plane and list the prices of ciggys/perfume/ drink on the plane, sometimes they are cheaper than duty free at the airport. They were for perfume last year.
The only problem with that Fitzy is the very limited choice. To be sure to get what you want buy at the airport.

Patka
Thanks all for your replies, I have never had a problem in Duty Free at Manchester, it is just somebody told me if your flying to Bulgaria you cannot go into Duty Free, but my doubts are now over . Thanks :lol:
The other problem with the difference between plane prices and airport is that sometimes the plane suddenly decides that they are not selling duty free this has been known in the past to happen (the plane did not decide) but Balkan dropped duty free sales on board :x :D
something to remember on your return......
Once you pass through Bulgarian customs on your way home, they don't accept LEV for duty free, nor do they accept travellers cheques!!
Ensure you have £10 and £20 notes as vodka etc is mega cheap
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.