Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We are there in September as well .
so don't buy all the booze ;)

Mel
Thanx for the replies :tup
We will try to leave you some booze :rofl .
:glynis :glynis
Just remember that if you are going to the Duty Free shop you must go within the 1st 48 hours of arrival any later than that and you will not get served, as we found out last year, also you will need to take your passport with you.
I would suggest you get your duty free at the airport or on the plane just to be on the safe side.
Enjoy your holiday, will be out around the same time as you.

Angie
Hi there.

When I was last in Sharm, I didn't bother with the Duty Free shop as there was a small supermarket nearby that sold Goordons Gin and Johnny Warder Whisky (No, that's not a typo on my part!) LOL.
I was able to get lager out of it at a reasonable price which was a bonus.

David
Sorry to bump an old thread but I didn't want to make a new thread about duty free

On this link about duty free in Egypt http://www.egyptfreeshops.com/index.htm
it says

Departing Passengers

Every time when leaving Egypt you may purchase unlimited quantities of any of our products from any of our border or airport outlets A special pre-paid service is offered for departing passengers. Order and Pay any quantity of duty free articles from any of our town outlets and receive the goods when leaving Egypt from any border or airport.

Leaving Egypt: You can buy without any limits

I know you can bring back as much chocolate sweets etc but I though we could only bring back 1 litre of spirits to the UK (I'm not interested in wine and sigs)

:que :que
I know you can bring back as much chocolate sweets etc but I though we could only bring back 1 litre of spirits to the UK (I'm not interested in wine and sigs)

That is correct Missy, you can only bring back a max of 1Ltr of duty free spirits per person from an non EU country, probably just standard information that is placed for all travellers no matter what country they are travelling to, however you have to go by the rules of the UK on this.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.