Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
east mids airport
188 Posts
mari,

You'll find airport information on East Midlands Airport website. Most will start to open from around 5am.

Darren
I took a flight to Edinburgh 2 weeks ago and got to the airport at 05.20. through security by 05.30 and every shop airside was open, including WH smith
Having not flown from EMA for 7/8yrs is there a Boots Air-side??
Any ideas why EMA's runway was closed for a few hours this afternoon and caused several flights to be diverted ?

Chris
We are traveling from EMA for the first time in 10yrs ours is Sunday early morning flight 07:00 is security very slow at EMA???
At that time of day I don't think you will have a problem. I've flown from east midlands on numerous occasions and never had any huge delays at security. Think the longest was probably about 45 mins but it was late afternoon, I think.
If things are bad you can get 'express lane' tickets to bypass the queues at security. Cost £3 each and can be purchased onsite and online.

Chris
Hi am flying with Ryanair in sept from EMA and was wondering where to baggage drop off is located? Thanks Beth :)
Its situated in the extension part of the airport, Ryanair's check in are around desk 40ish. There is a sign saying Ryanair check in though and it will say on the screens.
Can we get a breakfast airside in the airport as online it doesnt give much information.
Yes you can get bacon and sausage rolls etc from Soho or Caffe Ritazza or a full English at the 3 Cities Bar.
The smoking area airside is in a kind of chicken run

It's like being in a bluddy zoo. !

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7525/emaj.jpg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.