Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Ohh yes. Go through to departures and the smoking area is at the end on the left hand side past the bar. Alternatively go to the EMA website, 'quick links' on the right hand side and 'map'.
There is a photo showing the outside smoking area on the previous page.
You just keep walking straight ahead passed all the gates and when you can go no further, you turn left and go through some doors outside into the Zoo.
could anyone please tell me what to do and expect when get to airport ive paid for express lane through security as is mid afternoon and could e busy never done it before thanks :que
They'll just be a marked aisle to queue jump everyone else and you'll need your express ticket ready. What you should expect is for everyone you pass to give you a dirty look, the security check is exactly the same!! But you can't expect NOT to queue. This money making trick is used at several airports and since there is no limit to the number sold there could still be a big queue. Since it's unlikely that they would stop the ordinary queue completely it's possible that you'd be better off in it - something which the EMA small print actually hints at - I have got through Liverpool's ordinary lane as fast as people who paid for express. Unbelievably I even saw people putting money into the machine for fast lane tickets even though it was obvious that there was no delay on the ordinary lane.

But EMA do have an offer for money off in the food market once you've used the ticket so don't throw it away!
thanks steve normally i wouldnt give into money making schemes but im a bit short on time due to not being able to leave work 1 hour earlier than i would like so fingers crossed :wave:
They charge 3 quid for the express ticket, which is perfectly explained by Steve, it's just another lane and a money making racket. IMO of course.
They (Bmibaby) were giving these tickets away if you booked a flight in May, which I did for September and I've printed it off, so I'll let you know how 'good' it is, but if the airport is as quiet as it was on the 1st July (10 am flight) then all the ticket will be good for, is lighting a fag with it.
But EMA do have an offer for money off in the food market once you've used the ticket so don't throw it away!

Worth knowing, cheers. :tup

Sanji x
anybody know what this money off offer is ?

On our last departure from EMA we went up the express lane in error and had to turn back, its not very clear which is the express and the 'other' lane. Several others did the same and the lady who checked our boarding cards agreed that it was not clear and we were in good company going into the wrong lane ! For us the airport was quiet and there was nobody in either queue. However, in the peak season I guess if you in a hurry its worth paying for, but you do feel its just another way of making money. A bit like priority boarding - and thats another thing we dont 'do'.

chris
we always used to park in car park 7 at EMA i cannot find this on the net only the airparks shuttle 1 and 2 can anyone tell me if this is the same parking areas? we have just booked to go in oct and directions are telling me to drive past the airport and go into donnington.
Parking has been remodelled at the airport, link here http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/emaweb.nsf/Content/LongStayParking

I normally use the Airparks at Donington, very easy to use and directions well sign posted.
executive lounge at eastmidlands airport what is the food like? we fly at 6.30am so do they offer breakfast in there? and are all food and drinks included in price? thankyou
thank you looking at the map it lookes like the old car park 7. Thanks again
Normally we get a cab to the airport, but my driver has retired. So i have been looking at parking. If you state the time for leaving the airport at 1 am and the flight is late, baggage late etc, how does this work to get out of the car park?

Also if you prepay on the net before leaving home, does the ticket come to my house, or what happens when we get to car park one or 2 for long stay.

Thank you
Michelle ;)
anyone know if you pay for luggage trolleys at EMA, if so how much.

Normally only take hand luggage (trolley case with wheels) but soon to also take very heavy holdall and dont fancy dragging it to departures checkin ! Flying solo, wife staying at home, so cant rely on her to carry it !!!!

Thanks Chris
Normally use Airparks for parking at EMA and there has been no trouble when we've arrived back late. We book over the net and get e-mail confirmation with booking reference.

There is no charge for trollies.
thanks Carol.

I'm also using Airparks this time- tend to use the cheapest. Airparks offer a very good service and at EMA almost 'onsite' - you couldnt get much closer !

I use http://www.parkbcp.co.uk/?ID1=WEB1767 to get 10% discount on parking at Airparks at EMA.

Regards, Chris
sanji wrote:
They charge 3 quid for the express ticket, which is perfectly explained by Steve, it's just another lane and a money making racket. IMO of course.
They (Bmibaby) were giving these tickets away if you booked a flight in May, which I did for September and I've printed it off, so I'll let you know how 'good' it is.

The airport was busy and there was quite a queue building up for the 'ordinary' lane, but nothing that would have taken a long time to get through, however having these express tickets was a bonus, we were straight through, but I don't think I'd pay for them.
You really cannot go wrong getting into the right queue because on the way to the security area there's a massive sign saying 'Express lane', which is etched into the design which seperates the direction in the walkway.

I didn't see any offers for using this ticket once we got through security, but to be fair I wasn't really looking for any.

Sanji
Monarch to launch new regional base at East Midlands Airport and also additional flights from Birmingham:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=59702&p=1572749#p1572749

David :wave
Re: RyanAir bag drop @East Mids

Hi
my RyanAir booking shows that checkin will open 2 hours before the flight. Is this the same as the bag drop? i.e. if we arrive at the airport earlier than the 2 hours, can we drop off our hold luggage straightaway (especially if they have other flights going and the desk is open) - or is the bag drop and check in the same thing and they have specific desks for specific flights (as in the 'olden' days)

Thanks (and apols for the rather stupid sounding question)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.