Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi yes last months trip was with Easyjet and they were brill. Bigger seats than XL and check in was very quick. No delays. They showed a couple of films. You can buy food and drink n board. Using them again October.
Thanks for that. Do you know if you get the extra 5kg luggage allowance with a dive card?

Bex
I dont know how much dive luggage you have, but any hand luggage doesnt actually get weighed with Easyjet, it just has to fit into their gauge and you have to be able to lift it unaided to the overhead locker. Personally I love Easyjet, love their planes, love the staff, love the service and get annoyed when I hear people knocking them. The plane we just returned from Gatwick on was a million times better than the Thomsonsfly we came back from Hurghada on, a 3-4-3 plane - most uncomfortable seats ever.
Hi the charges for sports equipment is on their website. I had 15kg of normal baggage allowance and paid £15 for extra 5kg which was there and back.
On the site, if you go through as if booking a flight, you get 20kg each + hand luggage.

You can then add either:
a) diving equipment (£16.50 each way per person for an extra 12kg), or
b) normal extra luggage (which works out a lot dearer)
Hi just booked flights for Xmas today and they have changed it since I last booked. It is now as above 20kg at a charge of £14 and then a charge for excess eg 3kg extra is another £36.
nana 26 , confused about your statement, are you sure you flew with Easyjet? I spoke to someone at Easyjet who said that all their planes were the same and had no films on board. You someone help as I'm travelling during the day the two young children
LOL of course Im sure I flew with Easyjet - they defo had films and inflight entertainment. Suggest you call them back and get them to get their facts straight. Their website states no inboard entertainment but this WAS NOT the case. The flight we were on was

Saturday 07 June

Check in opens Sat 07 Jun 11:00
Closes Sat 07 Jun 12:20
London Gatwick (North) To Sharm El Sheikh
flight 8853; dep. Sat 07 Jun 13:00
arr. Sat 07 Jun 20:15
This may be because Easyjet took over GB Airways and this route was one of theirs. You will probably get a better answer if you post in the 'Flights' forum on here. There are aviation experts there! :)
Thanks mehmeh 1 :wink
For anyone looking the flight section can be found HERE

Kath x
Hi yes because Easyjet took over from BA ( GB Airways ) they are their planes although now painted Easyjet colours hence seating and in board entertainment.

If the planes are either A320 or an A321 then they are ex GB ones.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.