Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Absolutely suncatcher, Monarch have now got 2 out of 3 of my bookings...
Interesting.....

I always book my parents flights with Monarch from Manchester to Larnaca on Wednesday's to get good day time flights when they come to Cyprus each November.

However, this year they cannot come as my Dad is still not too well and doesn't feel up to the journey and a month away from home so we're going back to UK for the very first time in almost 10yrs since coming to live in Cyprus.

We've booked Larnaca to UK flying on Saturday in each direction. Leaving Larnaca at 16:40 / arriving at 20:00 and returning at 09:15 / arriving Larnaca at 16:00. But..... we're flying into and out of Liverpool rather than Manchester. The cost is a tiny bit under 200 EUR return for both of us.

I costed the flights from Liverpool to Larnaca from UK for my parents as they anticipate coming for a month in March next year instead. The cost with easyject on Saturday is 186 (GBP) return for both of them as opposed to around 340 EUR if they fly Manchester / Larnaca / Manchester with Monarch on Wednesday with exactly the same flight times as easyJet.

The journey time from my parents house to Manchester or Liverpool is pretty much the same/distance. We're going by train from Liverpool to Blackpool (my parents live nearer to Clevelys or across the river from Fleetwood) so the distance from Manchester or Liverpool to Blackpool North was neglibible.

Looks like my parents will test the Liverpool / Cyprus route next year to see how it works out for them.
Sorry, seems to have done a double post :-(

And actually, the cost from UK with Monarch is 340 GBP not EUR so it's more expensive (400 EUR with today's exchange rate).
Reluctantly booked 10 seats to Malaga next June (accom already arranged) with Easyjet. The prices for returns were so bad I went for the cheapest option. Early out Sun late return following Sat 1/2 day less holiday.
Was going to book with Thomson early in year but thought Id wait for EJ, what a mistake.
What is it with EJ charging £35 per hold case at time of booking, but only£28 if adding case later?
I will be booking a lot more with Ryanair me thinks.
Just done a check with EJ , Monarch , thomson on flights to Lanzarote on the dates I have already booked , with a seat and checked in luggage , all charging more than what BA were offering when I made my booking which was around mid sept , it's on a post somewhere £217 pp , looking at the thomson price with luggage at £48 per person :cry yes that is eye watering and extra legroom at £65 pp even the price I paid to fly Club is looking quite reasonable . And being a member of the worlds favourite LCC with full service they even reward me with points to upgrade for my long haul flights in the winter .

Seems a few disgruntled with EJ s prices that have just been released for the summer , but I did read recently that they did very well this year in July and August so someone must be buying them , their reputation has very much improved and they have a vast route network , so perhaps that's why they're so popular and people are willing to pay the prices .
I paid pretty much the same for our outbound flight to Barcelona with BA (before I decided to upgrade), as our inbound flight to Gatwick with Easyjet, so I've no complaints :)
Any idea when next Oct/Nov 2014 flights will be published.

Thanks
I had it in mind it was february last year for oct/ nov. can anyone confirm?
luci HT Mod wrote:
They were released on 22 March last year.

Thank you :)
Have easyjet changed the seating configuration of their A320 - just flown with them and we had the over wing emergency exit seats (row 12) and the legroom appeared a lot less that our previous flight with them last year.

It seemed a little more room than standard seating but not really much more and not really worth the premium we paid.
TFS1,

There's not been any change in configuration. They have the maximum number of seats that are permitted so can't put any more in!

Darren
I have never flown with EJ before so i wondered if you could help me on a couple of questions.

Oct 2-16th booked EJ from Luton Flight2397 going to Sharm el Sheikh

1) I have booked extra legroom seats 13F outbound, 1A inbound, is the legroom space similar to thomsons as i am 5ft 11.

2) I do not understand the additional airport information.........

It states due to regs in place in sharm my online boarding pass does not allow me into the departure area, so must present myself at bag drop to receive a stamp from their team. Failure to do this will result in me not flying?

So i am assuming this is the return journey back to the UK. So when i arrive at the sharm airport for my flight home i go through the scanner with my case before going through to check in, when and where is the bag drop? Is this checkin or somewhere else.

Never done this before with any other airline so confused :(

Thanks
The normal legroom on EJ is 29 inch pitch , and having used ex legroom seats on EJ they have slightly more room , but no more than 2 inches more, the row 1 seats seem popular and have good legroom in reports I have read , but sometimes people say they feel cold because they are near the door , so bear this in mind on your return flight , I don't know exactly what thomson ELR pitch is , perhaps it is a bit more than that of EJ .

The additional airport info is a local security issue , you will arrive at the airport and go through luggage scanners then the bag drop will be at the checkin area who will then tag your bags and stamp your online boarding cards so you can carry on through to the det. lounge
13f outbound is showing as a 'good seat'

Seat 13 F is an Economy Class Exit Row seat that is dedicated by EasyJet as an XL Seat. XL seats have extra legroom, however these seats are priced higher and come with the Speedy Boarding pass, allowing dedicated check-in and priority boarding. The tray table is in the armrest, making the armrest immovable and slightly reducing seat width.

1A is:-

Seat 1 A is an Economy Class Exit Row seat that is dedicated by EasyJet as an XL Seat. XL seats have extra legroom, however these seats are priced higher and come with the Speedy Boarding pass, allowing dedicated check-in and priority boarding. The proximity to the lavatory and galley may be bothersome. Some passengers have reported this seat to be colder and draftier than other seats on this plane. The tray table is in the armrest, making the armrest immovable and slightly reducing seat width.

Copyright

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/easyJet_Airlines/easyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A320.php
Thanks to both of you, i know about freezing by the exit rows, so coming back thermals will be on :)
we have flown with easy jet and found them quite roomy my hubby is 6ft 1 and our friend is 6ft and both said they were quite surprised by the space we didn't choose extra legroom seats either x :)
Thanks, i paid i think £10.99 for the extra legroom for 3 of us, i usually go with Monarch but for some reason didnt buy the exits and had the worst plane ride home as legs squashed with passenger seat back all the flight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.