Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi cazzholly, Thanks for your reply. We regularly fly with EJ and the only time we prebook seats is when we're travelling with the grandchildren. Otherwise we normally check in online as soon as we can and have always had seats together (not prebooked), one of which has always been a window seat. I think it would be quite interesting to see the proportion of people who pay their £3 as opposed to those who don't (and possibly, like me, spend the money on a bacon baguette instead!).

We're lucky in that we can usually avoid school holidays, but I do realise the problems that are being caused for parents by the new rules.

Anyone got any comments?
Does anybody know when EJ will release their flights from May '15 onwards? I thought they were usually out by now. I have signed up to their email.
Thanks Sunaddict. I'm just having a browse now.
They've still not been released for the route I want yet (Gatwick-Budapest) - will have to keep checking!
Corinne76 wrote:
They've still not been released for the route I want yet (Gatwick-Budapest) - will have to keep checking!

LGW-BUD are already loaded on their website.
Sorry, I meant Bucharest, not Budapest - they still aren't available
Corinne76 wrote:
Sorry, I meant Bucharest, not Budapest - they still aren't available

As far as I know all their routes have been posted up to 5/6 September. Perhaps they're not flying that route after 27 March? There's nothing on their timetable to show that it's going to be operational past that date.
I am starting to think that might be the case. The flights I am interested in are actually part of a tour - will give the tour operator a ring and see what they have to say about it.
Yes - At the moment the Gatwick - Bucharest route ends on the 27th March 2015
We have recently not used a oneway Easyjet flight as we came here to Tenerife a couple of weeks earlier by Ryanair on a different day/airport from our original Easyjet booking.

However much we tried we were unable to reuse the Easyjet flight on a different future day as we have sorted all flights for the coming 12 months and couldnt squeeze another one in - the booking therefore lapsed.

I wrote to easyjet to reclaim the airport taxes and within a few days the money for the taxes were back in our bank account.

So, unlike Ryanair who charge a fee for this, Easyjet dont and make it easy to at least get something back, even if its only the taxes !

Welldone Easyjet.
Marrakesh and Bordeaux added ex GLA 2015,
Hi

A question about night before bag drop at Gatwick South..... Easyjet advertise it as being open 8pm - midnight. Does anyone know if in reality they open earlier? Was planning on doing this but with a 20 month old would rather have her in bed before that time!

Thanks
The bag drop for EZY is only on flights before 08.30 , and they are strict on this ( I remember having a 09.00 flight a few years ago and no bag drop allowed , all passengers must be present too , and I far as I know about opening time , I don't think they tend to open early ( before 20.00 ) EZY are usually very strict with times .

My wife is sometimes at work til 21.00 and she has not seen them open day before bag drop significantly early , you might get lucky though ,but I wouldn't expect it .

http://www.gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/flying-out/check-in/day-before-check-in/
Not been with Easyjet for a while but see that they may ask to put the carry on luggage in the hold if the flight is busy, as I carry pills and valuables and passports in there has anybody got any comments on how likely this is happening please
Depends how busy the flight is and if there is a lot of hand luggage , the overhead lockers will fill up very quickly if there is a lot of passengers .

There are ways around it by purchasing speedy boarding , x legroom seats etc as detailed in the link below
http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/baggage

I would imagine that most passengers though would be carrying valuables and passports in their hand luggage though so want them to avoid going in the hold .

It's one of the problems with many travellers just travelling with hand luggage only , they will take the largest bag allowed and that quickly fills up the overhead cabins if the flight is busy .
On a different but similar note I was on a LGW / JER flight last week with a different carrier and the size and amount of hand luggage on a very full flight left very little room for everyone , people were searching for a space and that was on a A319 with 144 seats and EZY have 156 capacity on their 319s , their 320s have 180 capacity at the moment ( due to be increased ) while the carrier I use has 168 or 171 max capacity , so trying to find space for an extra 12 people's luggage in the same space if its a full flight is going to cause problems .

Perhaps if you and your partner have a bag each , it might be best to put all the VERY important stuff in one bag and then if a bag does need to go FOC into the hold it would have less important contents and not cause you so much of a problem ?? It would seem harsh if both of your bags were put in the hold .
Or just hope that it's a quiet flight !!
Thanks for that Andy, I think it was the last time I went with them they had a smaller size that they would allow and a bigger one that might have to go in the hold, but that seems to have changed. The problem we have is it is a group booking and cant alter anything, we are over the wing going out and good seats coming back
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.