Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
EasyJet seem to have more a slightly softer heart than Ryanair so my suggestion would be to pack the absolute essentials that you need to keep with you (eg medication) in a smaller bag that you pack inside your case but which will definitely fit under the seat in front of you. Then if they insist on the case going in the hold you can take out the smaller bag first and appeal to their better nature about it not having to go in to an overhead locker?

SM
Can someone please answer this query, i have printed off my boarding cards for our flight tomorrow but only been given outbound only. Is this correct or am i being blind? thanks in advance
Does anyone recall the average cost of flights from Gatwick to Menorca in July (looking at about the 24th, for five nights) 2014? I know it's going to be quite a while before they release those flights but just wondered if anyone may have done the trip at a similar time, last year.
Pippy wrote:
Does anyone recall the average cost of flights from Gatwick to Menorca in July (looking at about the 24th, for five nights) 2014? I know it's going to be quite a while before they release those flights but just wondered if anyone may have done the trip at a similar time, last year.

Sorry can't help with costs, but you will be booking in the First week of the school holidays which will mean you're paying a premium for flights.
Any chance you could go a couple of weeks before? Easyjet are saying early October on their website for next summers flights.
suncatcher wrote:
Pippy wrote:

Sorry can't help with costs, but you will be booking in the First week of the school holidays which will mean you're paying a premium for flights.
Any chance you could go a couple of weeks before? Easyjet are saying early October on their website for next summers flights.

Yes, as it happens my plans have changed slightly, in that I'm going earlier. I'm going to fly out 8 July and home 14 July. I'm hoping EJ will have a very early flight out and a fairly late flight back.

I've also, after HOURS of reading reviews and looking at photos, changed my choice of resort :D I've now decided on, and booked, the Galdana Gardens Apartments in Cala Galdana. It's very close to the beach and the reviews for it are consistently very good. It's self-catering but the fact it's an apartment gives me the means to keep self-catering costs low.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g672811-d631849-Reviews-Galdana_Gardens_Apartments-Cala_Galdana_Minorca_Balearic_Islands.html
Hi Pippy , you will really like Cala Galdana , it's a lovely resort with a stunning horse shoe bay , some nice places to eat and relax , we stayed at the Audax hotel there and they have a very nice open air bar overlooking the beach , the Galdana hotel next to the apartments had great entertainment shows too , it's a nice resort to walk around and really laid back .
Hope you get your flights sorted out !!
andy66 wrote:
Hi Pippy , you will really like Cala Galdana , it's a lovely resort with a stunning horse shoe bay , some nice places to eat and relax , we stayed at the Audax hotel there and they have a very nice open air bar overlooking the beach , the Galdana hotel next to the apartments had great entertainment shows too , it's a nice resort to walk around and really laid back .
Hope you get your flights sorted out !!

It looks perfect, I'm glad I continued with my research!

If prices for early to mid July remain as they are for June, it'll definitely be EasyJet I fly with, particularly as I'll get a better price with my friend's staff discount :tup
Looks lovely Pippy. Roll on October for the flights.
Does anyone know if hand luggage is allowed to be put under the seat in front of you? Travelling hand luggage only next month.and will be using a bag that's small enough to be cabin guaranteed. The reason for wanting it under seat in front is so I can get to my purse to buy a drink onboard easily. If hand luggage has to go in overhead locker, then I'll have a smaller bag inside my hand luggage which'll be removed for the flight.
cate,

How big is the bag? Bags are permitted under the seat in front as long as its small enough so that it doesn't impede the floor space. If you are travelling hand luggage only, I suspect the bag wont be small enough to go under the seat so will need to go in the overhead? Is it worth having your bag under the seat and taking up leg room just for the sake of your purse for a drink? Can you not put the money in a pocket rather than needing a bag in the floor space?

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.