Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
To be honest I think that BAA realise that EDI is more attractive to potential buyers than GLA and therefore will yield the greatest financial benefit by selling. I think they also do it with a heavy heart.....

Nivsy
Edinburgh and Glasgow airports are warning of long delays and flight cancellations as severe weather conditions make operations unsafe. Passengers should check with their airline before travelling to the airport.

David :wave
Vueling to start EDI-Barcelona from 23 June. (3 weekly T-T-Sa)

BCN-EDI-20.50-22.30-Tue
BCN-EDI-12.05-13.45-Thu
BCN-EDI-06.00-07.40-Sat

EDI-BCN-23.05-02.45-Tue
EDI-BCN-14.25-18.05-Thu
EDI-BCN-08.20-12.00-Sat

Nivsy
Just booked the Travelodge Edinburgh Airport for a night for £15 for 3 people. Dead chuffed
bridd,

Now that is the best deal at airport hotel so far in 2012 - but hey the year is yet young!! :cheers
Edinburgh airport to be sold to Gatwick and London City owners

Edinburgh airport is to be sold to the owner of Gatwick and London City airports in a deal worth £807.2 million.

Global Infrastructure Partnership has beaten off competition from a consortium led by another infrastructure investor, J.P. Morgan Asset Management.

BAA announced last year that it was going to sell Edinburgh airport following the Competition Commission's order that it must dispose of one of its largest Scottish hubs.

Colin Matthews, Chief Executive of BAA, said: "Edinburgh airport and its team have been part of BAA for a long time and we are proud of its achievements. We wish the new owners every success and are confident the airport will continue to flourish. BAA will continue to focus on improving passengers' journeys at Heathrow and its other airports."

The sale is expected to close by the end of May.

With permission from Travelmole
Where would be the best place to arrange to meet someone off a flight from ROI?
I would say at baggage reclaim. All passengers come back through departures (in a reversed way) and go down escalators. On their right will be check in, on their left baggage reclaim and straight ahead the exir door. To avoid confusion I would meet ay baggage reclaim. You can go in and check which belt their flight would be and wait there. Even if they don't have bags, they will need to walk that way anyway and baggage reclaim is always easily found.
Does anyone have a code for discount parking at Edinburgh airport?
A good result for Edinburgh....Qatar to start flying 5 times a week from Doha in May 2014. B787 Equipment to be used,
More great news for EDI, firstly Air Canada Rouge now flying to and from Canada, then United to Chicago, & US Airways to Philadelphia (seasonal next year) over and above the Qatar coop.

The new operators are doing it proud!
Does anyone know what time security closes on a Monday night (specifically, Monday the 8th of December)? Not worried about check-in as I will already have checked-in online with easyJet.

Also, can anyone tell me if there are any seats, landside, that don't have armrests?

Thank you.
Are you thinking of sleeping in the terminal Pippy? :think
nivsy wrote:
Are you thinking of sleeping in the terminal Pippy? :think

I most certainly am! Just need to work out whether I'll be landside or airside...I'm guessing landside as I won't get to the airport until about midnight. My flight to Gatwick is at 06.20 so it's not worth me paying for a bed.
Pippy, I can't find confirmation of it on the airport website but I seem to remember seeing notices at the airport itself making it clear that the terminal is not open 24 hrs a day but closes an hour after the last arrival of the day and does not re- open until the check-in desks open for the first departure of the day. In other words you aren't allowed to stay in the terminal overnight. I've certainly arrived on a very late flight and seen people sleeping landside being woken up by airport security staff. Before planning on staying overnight anywhere in the terminal I would suggeat that you contact them direct to check this out.

SM
SMa wrote:
Pippy, I can't find confirmation of it on the airport website but I seem to remember seeing notices at the airport itself making it clear that the terminal is not open 24 hrs a day but closes an hour after the last arrival of the day and does not re- open until the check-in desks open for the first departure of the day. In other words you aren't allowed to stay in the terminal overnight. I've certainly arrived on a very late flight and seen people sleeping landside being woken up by airport security staff. Before planning on staying overnight anywhere in the terminal I would suggeat that you contact them direct to check this out.

SM

Thank you :)

I know for sure I'll be able to stay in the terminal overnight (having checked sleepingatairports.net), but can find no info regarding what time security closes. The only reason I'd quite like to know is because it seems the seats landside have armrests, whereas airside it is possible to find seating with no armrests :)
Pippy , security will close once the passengers on the last flight departing have been processed , so if the last departing flight is at 11pm then security will be closed approx 10pm as everyone who has a valid reason to be in the departure lounge will be in there . The det. lounge is then cleared before re opening early in the morning in readiness for the first departing flight and security will be open about 2 to 3 hours before the first flight of the day , I would estimate around 3.30 to 4.00 .

I know this is what happens at Gatwick and would imagine that Edinburgh would be the same , the last departing flight from Gatwick tonight was at 22.00 and at Edinburgh it was at 21.20 , it's first flight tomorrow is at 06.00
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.