Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Got a glass of white wine - so maybe I fit the bill :cheers We're off for the first time at Easter, staying at the Tropicana Grand Azure AI. If we decide to head out for a change, what sort of prices are we likely to find for a coffee or a glass of beer. Indeed, will it be worth us heading out(if we can :que )
That's a nice touch Graham . You know we need little excuse for idle chat . Trust Helen to actually want to talk about Egypt :rofl

Sorry Helen can't help you on that one , we never leave the hotel. :(
Trust Helen to actually want to talk about Egypt

nah! - just felt sorry for Graham - no one wanted to talk to him :rofl
That's because we are all too frightened to be thinking & getting excited about our Egypt holiday. If we stay quiet it all might disappear & everything will be alright . :)
Helen,We stayed next door to the Grand Azure 3 years ago and there was plenty of shops and bars outside.
We tended to go to Naama bay if we ventured out at night.
In Nabq ,I am sure there is now a popular British owned bar ,Starbucks and MacDonalds for coffee. :rofl
Not sure about the prices but Naama bay prices were very reasonable.
When we were in Hurghada in December we went out to the marina at night and a half litre bottle of beer was 20LE.
We came 2nd in the Thomas Cook quiz and won 11 shorts and mixers. :tup
and I am never in a hotel in Egypt....but I like the idea of idle chit chat.
Someone think of a subject...
:think those loose women never have this problem, they never shut up.

Nobody talks to me anyway Helen, or perhaps it as Mrs Kiltie says I never listen :D
We came 2nd in the Thomas Cook quiz and won 11 shorts and mixers.

jaytrip - that sounds like a good topic for a chat? where was the quiz?
The quiz was in Papas bar at the Marina in Hurghada,bit far from Sharm though. :rofl :rofl
Helen we stayed at the grand azure last year. Went to the St Georges bar a couple of times. Really nice people. It's only about a 5 mins walk. We also went to tgi's for a meal which was lovely and very reasonable. This is a few minutes walk in the other direction. We had a good time and i'm sure you will too.

Mary x
This is going to be one of my last posts in the Egypt forum :cry

We have enjoyed going to Sharm many times BUT now I can't risk getting even a mild case of the Pharaoh's revenge. I now have a disease called Pancreatitis which leaves me so susceptible to being hospitalized after food poisoning.
I'm not saying everywhere is capable of it our last stay at the Aqua Blu we marveled at the level of hygiene exhibited, just we know thanks to the heat and foreign culture food poisoning is much more prevalent,

Everyone who enjoys Sharm and the surrounds continue to enjoy blowing those bubbles as soon as I'm fit enough I will be back underwater but out in Cyprus instead hopefully next year the Zenobia is calling me. :tup
Oh that's a shame Gray. :( I've always enjoyed your posts. Especially in the old days on the 'Marmite, Conrad and all things Egypt' thread. Wonder whatever happened to Carrot, John, Alvin and Alan ? I suppose they are out there somewhere in the ether.

I hope your health holds up and that you enjoy your holidays in Cyprus. I can understand why you dont want to take any chances.

Doe :sun2
Oh Gray , that's a hard pill to swallow but your health has got to come first.

Still looking forward to the day I read your wetsuit has come down from the loft but you will need to let us know here because I don't read the cyprus forum . :D

Just because you can't take the chance in going there anymore doesnt mean you cant enjoy and help others here Gray . You have always been a big part of the Egypt Forum and we will not let you disappear .

I know your recovery has been a bit slow but heres wishing it speeds up in time for the summer . :tup
lynwestie wrote:
Oh Gray , that's a hard pill to swallow but your health has got to come first.

Still looking forward to the day I read your wetsuit has come down from the loft but you will need to let us know here because I don't read the cyprus forum . :D

Just because you can't take the chance in going there anymore doesnt mean you cant enjoy and help others here Gray . You have always been a big part of the Egypt Forum and we will not let you disappear .

I know your recovery has been a bit slow but heres wishing it speeds up in time for the summer . :tup

Thanks Lyn

Unfortunately with Pancreatitis there is no recovery you go from Acute to Chronic there is no cure so far I'm at day 42 since my last admission and this is the longest in 7 months that I have stayed out of hospital

at present travel insurance would cost me £50 a DAY that's £700 for holiday to Sharm hopefully the price will come down the longer I stay out of that place
Gray, I am really sorry to hear that your ill health forces you to retire from this part of the HT forum and in fact you will not be able to go to Egypt for a while.

Will you still be able to dive? Cyprus has some cracking places apparantly ( the Xenobia is on our hit list) and Malta has loads of great places to dive...

Wishing you well Gray and I still hope to see you about in various places. xx
Justval wrote:
Gray, I am really sorry to hear that your ill health forces you to retire from this part of the HT forum and in fact you will not be able to go to Egypt for a while.

Will you still be able to dive? Cyprus has some cracking places apparantly ( the Xenobia is on our hit list) and Malta has loads of great places to dive...

Val
I've got to get fit first lost around 20kg since Cyprus for me the worse thing was I had never been so fit as when we came back and literally that may have saved my life :yikes Acute Pancreatitis can kill within 24-48 hours of onset

So plan to start pool work and build up to 1 mile Cyprus next year is almost certain Malta ? need to get Steph to want something other than laying on a Sandy beach (very scarce in Malta) and Maltaqua is in Buggiba which has no beaches
So working on this slowly and subconciously :whoops
Gray,
Just reiterating other people's best wishes for your health. Don't desert the forum though - your wise words have helped many in the past and can still do in the future.
Best wishes, Caro
Justval wrote:

Caro wrote:
Gray,
Just reiterating other people's best wishes for your health. Don't desert the forum though - your wise words have helped many in the past and can still do in the future.
Best wishes, Caro

OK OK I'm still here though my Egyptian knowledge is getting rusty but my disability traveller knowledge is growing
AND
Tomorrow I collect my Motability car so at last I'm not trapped in this house anymore, Steph now has a new to her car (an early birthday present cost me lots but she needs it) as she can't commute in the Motability car as it's not allowed
I've got my EU blue badges so things are getting easier
Well it was a honour meeting you and Steph not once but twice (Egypt and Cyprus actually in the same hotel) We will miss you both and your gadgets, and believe me he brings the kitchen sink ;)

Keep yourself fit and well as much as possible :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.