Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
hi paul, sorry not been there in febuary but did spend two weeks there last october, and we loved the place, the food was excellant and the drinks were fine too, the pool was really good cant remember ever smelling any sewage in all the time we were there. hope you have a lovely holiday, im sure you will we cant wait to go back.

fizz xxxxx
Thanks Fizz. I feel a lot better now :D
Have been looking at this hotel and thinking of booking for October. Just a couple of questions though, wondered if anyone who has stayed there can tell me if it is suitable for wheelchairs? My 9 year old is disabled and I would hate to get there and find that there is things he cant do. Also, how far is it to the local Golf courses?

Thanks in advance.

Lisa.
Hi Lisa :D

I also use a wheelchair but haven't been to the Eleni :D We also had looked it
over but in the end went for the Avanti Village as it was only opened two years ago
and is built with w/chair users in mind :D

Here is the website for it http://www.avantihotel.com/village/

As you will see it has all the amenities you'll need I think with plenty of bars, restaurants
and shops in the vicinity. It looks as good in life as it does there as I had a look at
it in December when I was over :D Hope this goes some way to helping :D

Helenxx
Thanks Helen,

I havent seen that one in any brochures, do you know who deals with it?

Lisa.
Hi Lisa :D

We are going with First Choice :D Honestly don't know who else may do it, but one of the
girls, hollylolly, stayed there last year when she got married and reckoned it was
the best complex she has stayed at :D So much so that she's going back this year
for her anniversary :wink:

Helenxx
Could anybody help with the location of Eleni Holiday Village?????
The Eleni Holiday Village is very near the St George Hotel, which is just off the road to Coral Bay, on the beach at Chlorakas Village.
Hi Lisa,

as Helen said we stayed at the avanti village in sept 05 and are returning this Sept. Around the village there are ramps which are also important to us with the pushchair. More importantly, while we were there we noticed that there were a few disabled people in wheelchairs who seemed to be having a great time. Christian, one of the entertainers actually pushed a guy into the pool in his wheelchair (not off the edge, the shallow end slopes down ) and left it there while he went for a swim. It was lovely to see the relief on the guy's face and no one in or around the pool gave any objection to it at all. We travelled to the Avanti Village with Thomas Cook but I think First Choice is actually cheaper! This year we've booked through Direct Holidays and are flying with My Travel.

Hope this helps you to make your choice. It's a lovely complex.

Paula.x :D
hi paula, we stayed at the Eleni october 04 at the time our little boy was in a buggy and no its not buggy/wheelchair friendly, we used to have to go through the underground carpark sooner than keep lifting the buggy up and down the steps, so it wont be very good for your daughter in her wheelchair, a lovely hotel though, hope you find somewhere suitable.

fizz xxxxxxxxxx
Here are our reviews for the Avanti Holiday Village Click Here
thanks for your reply is the ELeni next door to st georges and next to laura beach hottel. needing to know as we are getting married and have got guests staying there!
I am going to the Eleni on the 1st of Feb for two weeks when I get back I will tell you all about it if you want? It may help you make your mind up.We are going all inc.So I will tel you what the food is like. :D
That would be brilliant, thanks. The Avanti looks lovely and if the Eleni is no good then I shall seriously think about it but really had my heart set on All Inc. The problem is there are so many mixed reviews on the Eleni I dont know what to do so if you could let me know it would be a big help.

Thanks again.

Lisa.
No probs Lisa
I will let you know what we think when we get back. I have been A/ Inc many times before and know what to look for. :D
hi im going on the 1st of feb for a week to so ill let you no when i get back, hope to see you there paul where you flying from ?
Hi karl we are going to Elenie holiday village on 1st Feb for two weeks departing from Birmingham airport .Are you staying in the same holtel?and for how long? are you flying from Birmingham too?We are going A/Inc. :D
hi paul im going to eleni holiday village on the 1st of feb for a week we fly from manchester :D
Karl we shall have to have a drink together.
Are you going all inclusive? :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.