Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks to Nivsy, very helpful, appreciate and Darren, again and ditto. Decisions, decisions! :think :que :think
Hi I asked in an earlier post about business class Ncl-Male. I have now booked and am wondering whether any seats are better ( I know that is subjective ). Can you tell me whether it is the "old style" seats on the A330 and what to expect on the 777. I have looked at various videos but am not sure which layout we will get. Thanks, appreciate any advice, as usual
seedy2,

Seating is personal preference so it's whatever you prefer really. Each seat offers the same basic facilities so it's just a case of if you prefer front, back window or isle.

Darren
Hey Darren. Have just returned from Perth and have to tell you that you were right.!! I LOVED the A380.!! What a plane.! There is alot more leg room in economy than the 777. Unfortunatly, the A380 didn't go on to Perth, I had to transfer to a 777.That was when I really noticed the difference.I felt so crammed in, and coudn't wait to get off.!!
I really enjoyed the flights this year, but for me flying Emirates is spoiled by the stopover at Dubai. I have never known such a chaotic airport, which is badly signed for passengers in transit.
But thanks for all your advice, you are a star.
Debi.xx
Quick question. Going on the A380 to Seychelles via Dubai in October. I know my baggage allowance is 30Kg. However this is a silly question and I probably know the answer, but can I take more then one bag to go in the hold, as long as they don't add up to more then 30 KG.
Yes....two pieces subject to below!

On routes that include stops in the USA, Canada or Brazil, your baggage allowance will be calculated by piece all others by weight allowance in accordance with class to be flown.

Nivsy
Emirates to start flights to Ireland

Emirates will begin daily flights to Dublin from January next year.

The daily service from January 9 will leave Dubai at 0700hrs and arrive in the Irish capital at 1130hrs.

The return flight leaves Dublin at 1255hrs and gets into Dubai at 0025hrs the next day. An Airbus A330-200 will be deployed on the route offering First, Business and Economy class.

Dublin will be Emirates' 29th destination in Europe.

The airline said it saw "strong potential in Ireland through its industry, technology, tourism and the huge number of Irish nationals living overseas".

With permission from Travelmole
Quick question.

Just been looking on the emirates site for Hand luggage allowance in economy. It says only one piece, fair enough. But I also want to carry a laptop bag as well. I'm sure that I read somewhere you are allowed to take a laptop as well as your one bag.

Anyone before I try and cram the laptop into my hand luggage!
Hello,
I am flying Fri Oct 21-EK 036 J class :)
Fri Oct 22-EK 658 J class :tup

Return Tues Nov 1- EK 659 Y class :(
Thurs Nov 3- EK 035 Y class :cry
If anyone has any information on whether any of these cabins have been upgraded or the registrations of the aircraft, that would be much appreciated.
Thanks
seedy2,

It's impossible to give aircraft registrations this far in advance as the aircraft are rotated daily.

Darren
Can't say I was impressed with Emirates.

Check in fine at Heathrow and staff very helpful and friendly.

However my seat on the first leg to Dubai was one with no seat in front of me, thus giving me extra legroom which I really wanted. So The TV screen for the ice entertainment system pulled out from the side of the seat and twisted around so one could watch it. However it was broken and whenever it got turned around it just folded back around so I couldn't see it without holding on to it to keep it in place. I mentioned it to the flight attendants and they offered to move me but they didn't have seats with the extra legroom, only ones in the middle of the aisle. This was no good to me as I didn't want to give up the legroom and personal preference is a window seat. So I didn't watch any entertainment on the first leg of the flight and basically just watched the clouds go by for almost 7 hours.

The second leg from Dubai to Seychelles was equally as bad. This time I could watch the entertainment but to be able to hear it I had to Press down with my arm onto the armrest. When I lifted my arm of the armrest the sound stopped! I watched half a film and gave up for the 4½ hour flight and watched the clouds again!

The return home was just as bad on the first leg and only sound came from the right earphone (on all headsets tried) So I could sort of hear the film but was sat over the wing and could hear the engines over the top of the film!

Second leg the entertainment was perfect!!! I watched 3 films and not one cloud. However lack of cloud watch was down to the check in staff at Seychelles airport messing up my seat I had allocated myself via the Emirates website some 6 months previous. I was meant to have the seat with the legroom again and it said so on the E ticket I showed them at Seychelles. However when I got on the Plane at Dubai I noticed (hadn't checked before) my boarding pass had a seat stuck in the middle of two people. This is the seat I hate the most and would never ask for it and would always ask to be changed. However this wasn't possible as the flight was fully booked. So luckily for me the man sitting by the window only needed to go to the loo once during the 7 hour flight, however the lady sat at the end liked to sleep and I felt awkward having to wake her when I needed the loo quite frequently (due to being in a club and drinking up to 30 minutes before my flight left from Seychelles!)

The food was most definitely the worst I have ever tasted on any airline and I wouldn't feed it to my dog (if I had one!) Next time I go to Seychelles I think I will try Qatar.
Frankie,

I would suggest that you just had a bad experience and that is a shame. Generally emirates has a good reputation albeit perhaps not so good as a few years ago. Certainly OI have used them on more than 8 ocassions and all was well. Indeed on arecent BA flight in World Traveller Plus to Hong Kong my own IFE was faulty...not good for a flight of over 11 hours...and the cabin was tired and seats not as good in my opinion as the emirates economy seats...although I had more leg room because of the WT+ cabin.

On another note, Emirates will be going twice daily from Glasgow with the introduction of an Airbus 340 evening service to Dubai.

Nivsy
krankie-frankie i dont think Qatar will be right for you as i had to fly 7hrs to Manchester in Business class with no IFE working clouds were good though.
Recently flown Manchester to Melbourne with Emirates - don't rate them either.
Food was terrible, ran out of meals and we ended up with kids meals.
Seats on return Dubai - Manchester that were booked from Jan 11, were suddenly changed at last minute, so that hubby and I were in different rows (although did manage to sort that at Dubai airport), found out just before we landed in Manchester, that our seat - with extra legroom - had been given to a off-duty member of Emirates staff!
Service was terrible - no drinks offered, surly staff - won't be using them again!
qatarman wrote:
krankie-frankie i dont think Qatar will be right for you as i had to fly 7hrs to Manchester in Business class with no IFE working clouds were good though.

i flew business with emirates last november , after the champagne, bacardi and coke, and the beef fillet washed down with a bottle of 1993 chateau latiffe , i cant remember anything about the IFE .
i think that with the major airlines economy isn't that great , i flew with virgin and economy was awful but the PE was fantastic , business with emirates is superb, we had chauffeur pickups all round , great lounges and brilliant service throughout
Booked online Emirates flights (multi-destination) and chose seats on all flights, but have seen reports that the seats may be not correctly allocated when checking in as per booking, anyone experienced this?
It happens with many airlines though I think Emirates are particularly bad at switching seats.
Fly with emirates at least twice a year never had a seat change yet.
Well I have only flown with Emirates once and had my seats changed ! The seats had been booked for almost one year!! And it was changed to seat a member of Emirates off duty staff.!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.