Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Emirates switches to larger aircraft from Newcastle

Emirates Airline is putting a larger aircraft on its Newcastle-Dubai flights from September 1.

The 428-seat Boeing 777-300ER will add more than 2,000 seats a week to and from the city, a capacity increase of more than 50%.

The upgrade comes on the fifth anniversary of the route's launch.

"Our Newcastle service has come of age and with demand continuing to
increase, this is the right time for Emirates to be expanding its
capacity from the North East," said Laurie Berryman, Emirates' vice
president UK.

Emirates daily service departs from Newcastle at 1310 arriving into
Dubai at 0025 the following day. The return flight from Dubai departs at
0750, arriving into Newcastle at 1145 (all times local).

With permission from Travelmole
And now an A330 operates DXB-DUB-DXB - hey its amazing how operations works! :cheers
Anyone flown the 380 Manchester-Dubai?? Looking for info on the best seats in economy away from babies/bassinet, checked loads of reviews and am now confused!! :que
steeler nation,

Seating is personal preference, there are no 'best' seats. Everyone has their own definition of what is best for them. Economy seats are on the main deck. You'll find a seat plan here that may be useful. Bassinets are normally loacted by bulkheads so you may want to avoid the first few rows behind them. As for avoiding babies, it's pot luck really as parents can have infants up to 2 years old on their laps in any seat other than exit rows.

Darren
We sat up near the front on the 380 - very quiet.
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like the front cabin is smaller and maybe quieter so will try for these, fingers crossed. :thanks
Hi Guys I have just booked to fly from Manchester to Singapore via Dubai mid june, Emirates ecconomy,we have 3 hours midnight stop over at Dibai,will the shops be open, do we get a tooth brush pack on the plane, or do we take our own, Im looking forward to the Emirate experience first 380 and then 777-200 can anybody give me an pointers, :tup
All the facilities will be open during your transit in Dubai, last time I flew with Emirates you got a little comfort pack, toothbrush & toothpaste, socks, eye mask and whatnot We flew the 380 dubai-Bangkok and back a few months ago, really did'nt notice much difference, the recline seats are better as the person in front does'nt invade your space so much, apart for that much the same as the 777. Make sure you leave enough time to get out to your onward gate however, as if you are going to one of the far flung ones it can be a bit of a hike.
Alan
Hi Alan and thanks, I take it we dont have to leave terminal 3 , as the follow on flight to Singapore is also with emirates, Ive checked on utube and had a look around at Dubai airport it looks masive, I hope they supply earphones for the in flight entertainment, where would you, if any where buy duty free,I dont smoke just like a tipple, prob cheaper to buy in Singapore. :cheers
Yesv it's a dedicated terminal for Emirates. Earphones are supplied free. Either airport for duty free, cant remember if you can access duty free at arrivals at Singapore, I would imagine you could. Cost will be similar but likely cheaper than rip off heathrow, but then anywhere is cheaper than there.
Alan
You can access the duty free shops at Manchester and both Dubai and Singapore have duty free arrivals shops and the prices and range of merchandise will be very good. Don't think you can take tobacco products into Singapore though...
I have just looked at Singapore custom page, I think im right in saying I can take 1 bottle spirit, 1 ltr, wine and 1 ltr beer, not much partying on that for 2 weeks, Uk airports are selling 2 ltr of spirit for £26, is it any cheaper in Singapore??? are there shops over there selling drinks etc, if so I supose they will be expensive,
I hope you dont think we are alkies, at the moment I feel like a child at christmas 34 sleeps till we go, I dont smoke but if I did do they charge you for taking 40 cigerettes in?? sorry but Im rambling again,
Hi we are flying on emirates 18 A380 from Manchester to Dubai on Fri 4th October then onwards to Sinagpore on the EK354 (departs Sat 5th)

is there anyone who can advise how full this flight is looking! Thanks.
darbyrw,

In a word, no. Reasons are on this topic. Emirates operate 3 flights per day from Manchester with a rumoured 4th and double daily A380 at peak season so that says it all really, they have high load factors. Flights are more often than not virtually full.

Darren
I am booked to fly with Emirates out of Manchester on the 7th December 13 20 flight I am flying to Perth WA via Dubai I am reading a lot of mixed reviews about FA services on the Emirates flights nowadays Not sure how accurate they are People's expectations are different and I am not a demanding person As long as I get the assistance in Dubai and arrival in Perth I will be met by my Brother there People are complaining about food drinks tea coffee etc I just need to get extra water on flights due to some health issues Should I take bottled water with me after I go through security in Manchester
I last flew with them about 10 years ago and I remember the flight to Dubai was very busy but the flight to Perth from Dubai less so. Service was so so but acceptable
The last 4 times I flew to Australia I flew with Singapore Airlines but there was a price difference of £311 The standard of service with SA is excellent but as £311 is a lot of money I have taken the chance This will be the first time I have flown on the A380
I have booked seats in 49 G on all legs of the journey I have got assistance booked and confirmed and as well I am getting over a torn cartliage in my right knee so have booked this seat so that my right leg will be on the outer part of the middle rows I chose my seats in the front cabin and just a few rows back from the bassinets As you say there can be a lot of children on various parts of the Aircraft and it is merely down to luck
I am going to adopt a positive attitude and hope that all goes according to plan I am not sure if the A380 is currently on the Dubai to Perth route It was due to start in May of this year My tickets are showing this Aircraft Would appreciate any up to date information about Emirates out of Manchester and on the A380 in particular Many thank Sue
keela1eva2,

I've flown quite a few times out of MAN with EK on the A380's and 773's and will be again in September. The A380 is an excellent aircraft and the cabin crew as good as, or above average compared to other airlines I've flown with. There's nothing for you to worry bout.

Darren
Thank you so much Darren for your response I do value your opinion I have not been on these forums for a few years Just thought it was worth saving £311 I got an excellent air fare with Emirates the cheapest fare I have ever had in all the years I have paid Especially so near to Christmas The fare is now much more expensive so I was right to book when I did
Thanks again Sue
Last Christmas we flew to Dubai on a 777 and it was a great flight - loads of leg room, and even though it was 10 accross seating it felt like we had loads of room.
Hi can you tell me which plane will be used by Emirates ek022 on 4than from Manchester to dubai please

Thanks in advance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.