Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi everyone

Thanks for your comments on the hotel and the area - it sounds as good as I thought it might be. Look forward to reading more comments and reports as the holiday season progresses.

Cheers

Tracy
ss
also satyed here and it is also one of the best hotals i have stayed in too.. great hotal loads for kids too
hi, going to esperides beach on 8th june would like some info about this hotel,especially the food,whats the weaher like now,is the trip to turkey any good.
would like info on this hotel please,food,entertainment family rooms.trip to turkey how much does it cost.
we are going to the above hotel early august any imformation would be greatly appreciated.

We are a family of 4 with two teenagers.

We are keen to find out if they have late check outs for this hotel as we have a very late evening flight and wanted to know if they allow you to keep the room by paying a further payment.

Is it easy to obtain cash from cash points or is it advisable to take plenty with you.

Could we also have the transfer time confirmed as different brouchers quote diffrent times.

:D :?:
do a search loads of info on this great hotel

yes they do last check out rooms

35 mins from airport

there is cash points there
Hi btpt ... just in case you haven't seen our reviews for this hotel, you will find them HERE.

David :wave
loates123 - can you email me any pics that you have?? - didn't manage to get anything booked for this year - but certainly interested in booking it for 2006

email me at XXXXXXXX

plus any further feedbackappreciated if anyone else has been there this year

Ta

Stu

EDIT: For online privacy and protection, your e-mail address has been removed from this post. Exchanging personal info via the PM facility is more secure. Please check our Terms & Conditions for further information.
Many thanks
David
Hi there I'm also going to this hotel on the 27th July.Can you let me know what you thought of it and if you did any of the excursions.Thanks
anyone know which operators are doing the Esperides Beach in 2006??

Portlands website lists it but wont allow you to book and upon ringing I was told they are unsure if they will be as they are having trouble negotiating the rates for next year??
Well we booked with First Choice will let you know if its any good when we return mid august
Due to go here on the 27th July but have just had a letter from First Choice whom we booked with to say that the hotel description in their brochure is wrong ,apparently there is no lagoon pool or early meal times for children and worse of all as I am taling my grandchildren there are no childrens meals.What amazes me that they are only now informing us of this .We booked several months ago. I am really annoyed but can't cancel at this late date as they very well know.
A Harding, Don't worry about the food at Esperides.

Unless you have accidentally booked the wrong hotel (as my friend did and was nearly going to Esperides in Skiathos) I can assure you from my experience last year the food is fine for kids. It is not a childrens buffet as such but every night there are Pasta dishes, Chips and generally something resembling nuggets or BBQ food. Always lots of breads and salad, soup etc plus endless fridges of ice cream for children as desert.

As for the lagoon pool. There must be a mistake. The main pool is a rectangle type ranging up to about 6ft deep but the most used pool right outside of the hotel near the main pool bar and restaurant is a circular pool which can be seen on their website.

http://www.esperia-hotels.gr/esperides_beach.html

An adult can walk all the way round this pool easily and there is a small island for sunbathing in the middle. Not sure how you picture a lagoon pool ?

Plus there is a very shallow (knee deep) baby's splash pool

You can swap evening meal times for lunch which goes on to 3 but I'm taking my now 20 month old Son for the second time and taking into account that Rhodes is 2 hours ahead meal times at 7pm were fine (in his eyes it was only 5 !)

I am sure you will have a great time and the kids will love it, not overly peaceful for the rest of us but seeing our kids have such a great time is more than compensation.

:D
  • Edited by GOLDS27 2005-07-08 15:29:17
Travel agents who go there are

Direct Holidays
Thomson
Portland
First Choice
JMC (poss)
First Choice
Direct Holidays (cheapest !, part of Airtours)
Airtours
Portland (Part of Thomson)
Thomson
JMC (poss)

Hope this helps !
We are due to go on holiday on the 3rd August and have just received a letter from first choice to inform us that there is no lagoon pool!

We would like to hear from anyone who has visited recently as we were under the impression that the lagoon pool was the main pool to the hotel with the island in the middle!

If it has gone where has it gone to. i.e. has it been filled in!

Please help!!!!!!
:?: :hmmm
I have heard nothing from my travel agent however you can email the hotel on:

reseb@esperia-hotels.gr

This is the reservation desk for Esperides Beach so they should be able to help

If the round pool is shut its a real shame as you can walk round it being only shoulder high but the largest pool is rectangular with a shallow end low enough for children.

I do not see they would close the round pool as it sits directly outside the front of the pool bar and would be an obvious eyesore if under construction.

I wonder is there is some confusion. The Esperides beach has a sister hotel next door whose grounds are linked. They have a pool that has a swim up bar in it. This is my own interpretation of a lagoon pool and maybe this is accidentally advised as part of the wrong hotel.
I contacted First Choice and this is their response.

Dear Mr Golding

Thank you for your recent enquiry about the Esperides Beach Hotel in Rhodes.

There was an error in our brochure description and you are quite correct that the hotel does only have two swimming pools.

We recently wrote to all customers who have booked to travel to this hotel and in addition an erratum was placed on our booking systems to advise all future bookings about our mistake. The hotel does not have a lagoon of any description.

I trust that this will assist you in making your holiday reservation and we look forward to welcoming you on a First Choice holiday in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Jane Scallan
Customer Services

-----

I just returned From Esperides on Wednesday. Fantastic time.

Gutted to be back to work
Just back yesterday from this great hotel.As my 9 year old grand daughter said " This hotels got everything what more could you want" Animation team AMAZING, waiters great one kept us front line seats for the shows every night, the cleaner left us sweets on the pillow and a flower in our room, very thoughtful, feel I'd never go to Spain again the greeks are so good with kids. One complaint the dreaded sunbeds, my husband went jogging most mornings at 7 am and all were gone then and it was so hot we needed shade. One night after the show at about 11 pm the towels were already on the beds .Why the staff didn't stop this I don't know .Pity it spoilt an otherwise great holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.