Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Sarpal, you can only buy cigs in the Tabac shops. They have brown signs with yellow on the front of the shop, and usually a sign with the same colours on so you can see it from the street. Can't tell you exact locations, but there will be plenty about. Hope this helps, Linda.
just to add... don't bother to shop around Spain like Greece has a retail price for tobacco products set by the government, all prices on mainland Spain [excludes Balearic's and canaries which are free ports] should be the same

wizard
Thanks both for your replies; that's me sorted!
Please make sure you only buy from a Tabac shop when in the resort. There are a lot of fakes about. Enjoy your holiday, Linda.
And make sure it is an official Tabac, it will have a number such as:Estanco No. 5 etc.
some shops use the same colour scheme, brown and yellow and the name Tabac.
I see from another post that you will have a car. Drive to Gibraltar, 20 miles or so. 1 carton of ciggies per person 1 litre of spirits per person. Ciggies £10 approx, booze £5 per litre. Remember to take Pounds and your passport.
just to add... don't bother to shop around Spain like Greece has a retail price for tobacco products set by the government, all prices on mainland Spain [excludes Balearic's and canaries which are free ports] should be the same

As far as I know, only the Canary Islands, Cueta and Melilla...along with Gib are duty free ports.
The rest of Spain including the Balearic Islands come within the EU limits/allowances/recommendations.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
If I was you I would do what a few others have said and make Gibraltar my first port of call. Just over 1 hour away but will be well worth it !!! I live near Estepona and make runs to Gibraltar every now and then to stock up on cigarettes and cheap booze, you can also get very cheap petrol there so i would suggest you go there as soon as you arrive or the day after! Also while you are there you might as well make a day of it and take one of the lovely rock tours.
thanks Sam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.