Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
ETIHAD AIRWAYS
8 Posts
Pretty good airline they are really giving Emirates a run for their money. see http://www.airlinequality.com
Hi NickP ... you may like to check out the ETIHAD AIRWAYS Q&As topic in our Airlines & Airports forum, and feel free to post any additional questions there.

David :wave
Flew with them a few years back, to Bangkok was pleased enough and that was before they had taken on a lot of their new aircraft. Food was fine for economy, leg room adequate flying on mix of Airbus A330 and A340 and Boeing 777. Excellent inflight entertainment system on 777.

Booked to fly with them again, again to Bangkok, gave me a 30kg hold luggage allowance - although it does say 20kg on website. Rang up to check and they confirmed the amount and allocated my chosen seats at same time. Only downside as far as I'm concerned is Abu Dhabi airport as a hub, but then our transit time is very short, just long enough for a change of air and leg stretch.
My criticism of Abu Dhabi airport is outdated, they now have a very pleasant shiny new terminal which Etihad use. We had excellent flights throughout, food very good for economy, entertainment system on both Airbus A340-600 and Boeing 777 excellent.
Thanks for all your contributions. :cheers
Even with the different companies offering low prices, I think I'll go with Etihad.
Let you know how it goes. :think
Well, a year later. I'd forgotten all about this post. :whoops Etihad are indeed a very worthy airline. We've not flown to Oz before so can't comment on the other airlines. If they are all as good as Etihad, how come Etihad are so cheap in comparison? I'd fly with them again, but I will have to try other lines as well. Just to see :cheers
They were very good when we flew to Kerala a month ago...the only thing was the boarding at Abu Dhabi for the flight to Kochi was a little chaotic (Ie slowly loading up a bus which waiting for AGES). Flight was late as a result.

Overall the actual airline itself was spot on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.