Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
My advice would be to forget about booking with any of the British companies and look at this company. The prices are much cheaper than any British company and the service is far better.

http://www.yellohvillage-holidays.com/yelloh/YV16/

Hope this helps.

John
Forget the companies

Get a tent (or caravan) and go independantly

In August /September you can use Camping cheques these cost £9.95 and are valid for two years

they cover
Pitch (and awning on a caravan) ~ 2 adults ~ electric ~ and a family pet
most of the sites are 4/5* camping sites

You usually don't need to book just ring up an hour before you arrive

You can see a lot of France Spain and the rest of Europe with this method

Personally we find Eurotrash and others only out to take as much money off you as they can
Hi Kerri,

I'm sure John & Madcaravanner are right about booking direct, but my family and I had an absolutely fabulous holiday in the Dordogne this year with Canvas Holidays. So good in fact, we've booked for next year already (trying out the Cote D'Azur next year though). I can't rate them highly enough - they were fantastic.

Most people seem to think that Eurocamp / Keycamp / Canvas are about the same (E'camp and Keycamp are owned by the same company).

You don't need to worry about pans/utensils etc. as everything is there for you in the static caravan. The only thing I have a gripe about is cleaning stuff - dishcloths/washing up liquid etc. as they (Canvas) don't supply them.

Some friends of ours have just got back from the Loire. They went with Yelloh Village and saved a lot of money. The only reason I went with Canvas again was because they were so good and because I wanted to guarantee a high quality kids-club for my 4 year old. Booking direct just felt a bit more risky.
Hi Kerri,
Try Pointe St Gilles in Benodet, It is a large site with lots going on. A 20 minute walk along the bay takes you into a lively town with many restaurants. There are lots of places to visit nearby even if the weather is poor. All the usual suspects (Keycamp, Eurocamp, Haven, Canvas, Ian Mearns etc) advertise hols on this site so you can shop around for the best deal. If you are staying with any of the above all you need to take with you is bed linen and towels, just about everything else is provided.
If you wanted a slightly quieter site Port de Plaisance in Benodet may fit the bill, it is still within walking distance of the restaurants etc . Try looking at http://www.benodetbreaks.com/ as well. It is a family run company and may suit your needs.
If you have any other questions I would be glad to help.
Dean.
I can recommend Canvas Holidays to anyone. They are superb and not expensive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.