General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Thanks guys, now I need to find out my grandsons NHS number as his parents can't find his medical card. :roll:
Hi your Grandsons medical no. can be obtained via his GP surgery, they'll have a note of it on their records
Great thanks :D why is it always left to me to get it all sorted :roll:
Cos your a Gran, it comes with the territory.

Even when they 're all growed up they still ask gran.

Patka
hi just gone on line to get ehic very easy to do so will see how long it takes to come :lol: Janet
:lol: hi got the ehic card on wednesday only took 4 days so i do not think that was bad at all :lol: janet
just to let you know,i applied for the european health card for my family,didnt need there numbers,they did it all off my national insurance number,they arrived quickly.i sent my daughters to school as she is going to germany in july,and she lost it.i was panicking thinking that it would be a nightmare to get it replaced,but just rang the helpline on weds and her new one arrived today. mo.
just submitted mine online, for the wife and 3 children.

Go to Bulgaria 25th May - shd be here in time - shouldnt it? :?
Mine arrived 2 days after applying online.
Going to turkey this year, does this card apply here.
No, there is no reciprocal healthcare arrangement with Turkey. A comprehensive travel insurance policy would be required for any medical attention or healthcare.

David :wave
Hi there

Can you please tell me if it is possible to have multiple EHIC cards.The reason I ask this, is that my daughter (who stays with my ex wife) is coming on holiday we me this year for the first time since the E111 was abolished and I applied for the new EHIC card for her and would this prevent her mother from applying for one?

David
I think it probably would - but I assume that she only has one passort too so the simple answer is to keep it with her passport and just make sure that you pass them backwards and forwards between you as necessary.

SM
Hi everyone
Can anyone tell me if the little cards that replaced the E111 have to be renewed each holiday/yr. We had them a couple of years ago for all the good they were, i had to get the doc out and produced this card and he said no its only good if you have to go to hospital.
Thanks
kerrie
Kerrie

I have moved your post from the Travel Insurance topic to the EHIC topic.

I have just checked my EHIC and it has an expiry date of September 2008. I have checked the EHIC website, on Page 1 of this topic, and it looks like you have to reapply to renew an expired card.

It is still worth getting one as having one is a condition of some insurance policies.

luci :wave
hi..could anyone tell me how you re-apply for the ehic. i have noticed that the expires date is sept this year and will need to re do them. also does anyone know if there has to be a certain amount of time on the card when you go on holiday...does that make sense???we go on hols in aug and cards expire in sept...is this ok?? :think
hi alsaby.. i had to use my card a few years ago too, when i got gastroentoritus(..is that how you spell it??)..i went to a doctors and then on to a hospital and my card was accepted.for me it was a relief as i was worried about hospital expenses.fortunately i didnt have anything to pay..i would always make sure that i have a card for me,and my other half and our little boy has one now too!not sure about re-newing evry year..i have just posted asking about renewing on expirey though! :wave:
If you go to Page 1 of this topic and click on the link to apply for the EHIC there is a link on their web page to apply for or renew the card.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.