General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Thanks for this information David. I hadn't even heard about this before now.
Please note the new EHIC card will efectively only be useful for HOSPITAL treatment. Visiting the local Dr will often need to be paid for in CASH!
January 2006. I had cause to need medical treatment, (although I am a Doctor!) while in Madeira. If the local Dr came to visit me the cost was to be 120 Euros.
If I went to his surgery or Clinic it was 60 Euros (I chose the latter). Upon producing the E121 at the Clinic Reception I was told that in Portugal it was only useful for hospital treatment. I must therefore claim on my Travel Insurance policy for the consultation the prescription and the anti-biotics I required :cry: :cry:
Hi Dan ... as you have highlighted, the reciprocal healthcare arrangements which are available under the EHIC system can vary considerably between EU nations, and are not always on a par with NHS healthcare provisions. For that reason, we always stress that an EHIC should never be considered as an adequate alternative to travel insurance, but should be taken in addition, as is stiplulated in some policies.

Details of reciprocal healthcare arrangements within individual EU nations can be found on THIS page, along with information on how to reclaim medical expenses where appropriate.

David :wave
Hi

I got my EHIC card last year in my maiden name. I am travelling on honeymoon this year in my married name (getting passport changed before the wedding).

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the name on my EHIC changed before the wedding as well?
If personal details alter, such as name change due to marriage, you can contact the EHIC Enquiries Helpline on 0845 605 0707 to request a new card.

Or you can write to:
EHIC Enquiries
PO Boz 1114
Newcastle on Tyne
NE99 2TL

hi can anyone tell me if you can use the ehic in turkey please? thanks.
Hi wuly ... Turkey has no reciprocal healthcare agreement with the UK, therefore making travel insurance absolutely essential.

I would just like to say thanks for making me aware of the EIHC card, it took 4 days for it to arrive which was excellent service

Tatty x
Am I doing something completely stupid? When I click on the link to apply online all I get is page not available. We used the old E111 last August and ticked the box but have not recived our cards yet.

Is the link still valid? Any help appreciated
No the service does seem to be down at the moment!
thanks tatty, I will have to keep checking as my wife and a couple of her friends are off to Spain end of Feb for a girly weekend, and she needs the card
I applied on line for 3 cards last Saturday for my daughter and friends and they were all here by the Thursday, so they are very quick at sending them out to you. :wink:
Thanks i have applied for one, as i have the paper one still
I had a panic on as I'm travelling to Finland next week and didn't know!
However when I phoned the number on the form they were really helpful, told me to apply on line and gave me a phone number to ring if my card didn't come in time and if I had health problems when I was there. They said the card would arrive in 7 working days.
Hi all, I applied for our EHIC online on Wednesday, they arrived this morning! :hyper how's about that for service? love Linda x
They seem to have got their act together and now seem a lot more efficient than they where before Christmas.
I applied Mon evening online and my cards arrived Wednesday.Very efficient!
Does anyone know how to apply for the Spanish version of this card - we are residents in Spain.

Thanks
Hi elroble ... assuming that you are registered with a local health authority in Spain, I think that you would make an application through them. I believe that the Spanish equivalent of the EHIC may be known as Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea (TSE).

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.