General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
ours came through but we have lost them, what should I do now, we are soon going on holidays.
Hi pinkpoppyuk ... you should call the EHIC Enquiries Line (not the application phone line) on 0845 605 0707 to arrange for replacement cards.

David :wave
Many thanks will call them tomorrow.
Sorry for the delayed posting but I have been off taking my EHIC for a trip.

oinkage

Just to clear one thing up. You can have an EHIC without being a citizen of a EU country, anyone ordinarily resident in the UK can be covered, but the country coverage varies. The DH website or pages 6/7 of Health Advice for Travellers has the detail.

Trisantona

As you will understand I can't name the site but you have ID'd one of the search engines it is on, there are others they have sponsored links with as well.
Hi DH Advice ... you obviously wouldn't be aware of this as oinkage simply said "Im from Norway", but he is actually posting from Norway too and so presumably not ordinarily resident in the UK. That's why it was suggested he check locally for details of the service provided for citizens/permanent residents of that country.

Thanks again for your input.

i must be an idiot.i read this line and never actually clicked the link.then i went to fuerterventura without one.my wife was taken into a public hospital as an emergancy and they asked for the card which i didn't have.oops! luckily my insurance applied for an emergancy one.just goes to show,make sure you click the link.
Jontink

What can I say :?: Just goes to show you should leave things like that to us women, we always make sure everything is covered, even the kitchen sink :lol:

Glad things turned out OK and hope your wife is well.

Regards Jackie
and re applied but they are still not here, how long do I give them? We are soon going on hoildays.
Hi pinkpoppyuk ... assuming from your previous post that you did contact them on 7 July, then it may be time to give them another ring, especially if your departure date is looming.

We misplaced our EHIC cards and I rang the phone number given on this link (under FAQ - also the same number previously provided by David) and the replacements arrived within a few days.

It was however back in early May so they may not have been as busy as they are now.

A couple of weeks ago we did an online application for a couple of friends of ours who didn't realise about the EHIC replacing the E111 until she went into the Post Office.
They didn't have enough time to apply either by post or phone.
I did the application on the Wednesday evening, the cards came through the following Tuesday - in time for their holiday, so a pretty good service.

https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetResPROD/home.do

Polly
We are due to fly out to Majorca on the 9th of August and can't find our EHIC cards, we've put them away somewhere but just can't find them. I'm worrying now. I've still got the letter that the cards were stuck onto which has a barcode and the number for our cards. There's a no we can contact for lost cards but we can't phone now until tomorrow, is there anyone who can put my mind at rest that we'll be able to get something sorted please.

Shell :?
We lost our cards too and I phoned up for replacements. I was told that they would take 7-10 days but in fact they arrived after a couple of days. They have all your details on the computer and once I gave them my details the guy read off those for the rest of the family so they don't actually have to process anything, just reprint the cards.
still no cards and only a week to we go on holidays what now? Help
pinkpoppyuk wrote:
still no cards and only a week to we go on holidays what now? Help

What are they telling you when you phone them ?

Thanks for the replies. My Hubby has phoned them first thing and they said they'll re print the cards and they should be with us Monday or Tuesday, after that it'll be too late as we fly out at 7am on Wednesday morning. Does anyone know where we stand if we don't receive them in time? I can't believe we've left it so late but I was convinced they were in a drawer with our passports but they weren't :?
Pinkpoppy I should get on to them again, I hope you receive them in time.
I've just spoken to Hubby on the phone and apparently the fella he spoke to was very helpful and seems confident we will get the cards on time but if not he has given us an emergency no that we can ring if we are in need of treatment so we will still be covered. I hope this puts some minds at rest. I will put the emergency no on here later as I don't have it to hand at the moment.
Hi Shell ... I'm glad to hear that you are sorted. But it may be best if you don't post the emergency number here, just in case members mistakenly use it for routine enquiries, possibly preventing genuine emergency calls from being connected. That number will be provided by EHIC staff as and when appropiate.

Many thanks
OK David, sorry hadn't thought of that :D
the cards are supposed to have been posted ou, but they said they will send new ones out to day marked urgent.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.