Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
no take yourself off to Pafos General Hospital join the Que [just like home] and you will be seen and if necessary treated under the reciprocal agreement, if you go to a doctor /private clinic or even the chemist you will have to pay and argue it out with your insurers when you get home
Great, thanks for reply, hope it won't be necessary, but its good to know the facts before I go. Sheila.
HI Shrimp, you can buy antibiotics over the counter from chemists in cyprus - just look for the big greeen cross.
Hi, thanks for telling me that, I used to buy antibiotics in Tenerife if I needed them, but they stopped that 2 years back, don't know why but I thought that applied to Cyprus as well, thanks for the info!!, Sheila
thats good info! anyone know where the public hospital is in protaras area, i few years back i was ill whilst on hol in santorini and if anyone knows this island its tiny so i was so scared that i couldnt find a hospital but there was a tiny clinic in the capital and i was treated so good the doc even stayed whith me whilst she waited for the test results then all i had to do was pop off to the chemist to pay for the prescription £3 for 2 lots now thats value for money, but one thing that illness did teach me is to know where the gp and hospitals are. bb61
the one for that area is Amochoustos [Famagusta] general hospital in Paralimni.
The question actually raises another point.

How many people have bothered to check when the card expires?

Many will be due as the card has been around just over five years which is how long they are valid.

It is a condition of your holiday insurance that you have a valid EHIC.

I have renewed ours online - you can do so up to six months in advance.

fwh
Thanks for pointing that out, rushed to check my expiry date, all in order.

I had no idea it was a condition of holiday insurance to have a valid EHIC.

Think I'll go and read the other 30 pages of my insurance!
hi, can anyone let me know the website address to get the insurance cards?

thanks

:sun2 29 days to go !!!!!!!!!!! :cheers
Here you go Briggsy https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/home.do

I renewed ours last week and they were delivered in a couple of days. Ours didn't expire until Sept of this year but I thought I'd get in quick before I forgot ;)
I don't want to make you feel guilty but, if you have a viral infection, with the air being circulated around a plane for 41/2 hours you have the potential for infecting around 300 people.

Transmission of infectious diseases during commercial air travel

Mark
Hi thanks for that
I have just applied for my cards. quick and easy lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.