Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
exchange
6 Posts
Hi hope you are both well:-) Yes Money exchange is freely available in the resort you don't have to worry about that the rates are more or less the same practised in the UK sometimes you can find a better deal in Albufeira.Enjoy it:-)
You can of course use ATM's to get cash and they are plentiful. However check with your bank about cash withdrawal charges as to draw out small amounts frequently, rather than €200 every few days, might result in you getting a bad hit.

Don't forget that almost all restaurants and most shops will accept credit/debit cards, so there is no more need than in UK to carry around large amounts of cash.
thanks for that much appreciated
Hi

As Cubsur has said ATMs are plentiful in Albufeira, so if you are thinking about using them why not open a Nationwide account.
They dont charge for withdrawals abroad and you get a much better rate.

I'm not sure how long it will take for the card to get to you, but it might be worth trying and then transfer your holiday money into it.

That's what i did when i went last year.

Basil.
It only takes about 1wk - 10 days to get your card and everything you need and is definitely worth it........as you say, better rate and no charge!!!!!
Pat
:glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.