Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
If you go to the street parallel to the Siroco - commonly known as Cardiac Hill but really Avenida Telefonica - and opposite the Bali Hotel is a travel agents we have used many times and is popular with guests from local hotels.
Can't remember the name but they do trips to Gib for shopping only or with a rock tour and the prices are very reasonable. Now you can leave about 9.30 and go via the motorway so there is no getting up and going at the crack of dawn :)
express 15 euro shopping trip no continues pick ups..that is at a travel agents in fuengirola los boliches...viajes and maxis
Our cruise ship calls into Gibralter on a Sunday,does anyone know if Morrisons and other shops are open on a Sunday. Thankyou
Yes they are open. Not sure about other shops.
A limited number of shops on Main Street will be open on a Sunday including a few perfume shops.

Nivsy
Thankyou I was hoping that Morrisons would be open as the last time I was in Gibralter I bought a bottle of Bacardi from one of the drink shops on Main Street and it turned out to be fake so I thought that I would be safer buying at Morrisons
hi would like to do a day trip to gibraltar in march.staying at the sunset beach club and is there anywhere to book near this hotel.
thanks in advance.
We had a hire car and I don't think the insurance covered Gibraltar, we drove down from Benalmadena and parked in an underground carpark just a couple of streets away from the border crossing, we crossed the border on foot then caught a hop on hop off bus costing just £1.20 or 2 euros which stopped at several bus stops around town before reaching main street then returning. Just a shame that the buses don't do currency exchange at £1.20 = 2 euro.
Hi
We parked our car just outside the customs gate and walked in its only a short distance, just put your own money in the car park meters locals say they will do it for you but they dont
Roger
15 euros gets you an express trip to gib, from fuengirola no stops straight on the motorway to gib...quicker and better.
Is there a boat trip from Fuengirola to Gibralta? If so how much does it cost?
hi, folks.
i am new to this forum, myself and wife are going to the hotel riviera, benalmadena. at the end of september for one week. we have never been here before, but we fancy having a day trip to gibralter sightseeing and a bit of shopping. could anyone please suggest the best and cheapest ways of getting there?

thank`s, john.
Hi and welcome to HT!

I'm not sure about Benalmadena, but there are agencies on San Miguel Street in Torremolinos that sells various trips to Gibraltar. You could walk there from the Riviera which should take about half an hour. You can have a tour and shopping or shopping only.

Thinking about it, I think there is an agency on the main street in Benalmadena.

luci :wave
Welcome to HT John.
There are several travel shops dotted around the resort(s) who do excursions to Gibraltar.
Betica Travel has shops in Torremolinos, Montemar and Benalmádena and they've been doing this for 27 years this year.
You'll find the shop before the windmill roundabout ... Come out of the hotel onto the main road and walk left and after a while you will see the roundabout ahead, it is called the windmill roundabout because it's full of colourful child like windmills on the island.
Before the roundabout ( about half way between the hotel and roundabout) is Betica Travel shop, it will be on your right on the opposite side of the road.

For Gibraltar they do various excursions on various days, whether you just want the basic transport and left alone when you get there, or the full package, but I don't know what exactly is included in the full package, they will tell you.

These are their current prices, I picked up this leaflet only a few weeks ago. Click on image to enlarge.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9663/save0027.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sanji
hi, luci, and sanji. thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. i shall look into both sets of information when i go on my holiday. thanks again, john.
You are very welcome. Have a look at the rest of the Cost del Sol forum and you may pick up some useful information.

I can recommend the Port O' Call carvery for dinner if you fancy a change from the hotel.

luci :wave
And don't forget you'll need your passport to get in/out of Gib.

It's surprising how many folks don't realise this.

Sanji x
hi, sanji.
thanks for the info on the passport, i hadn`t got a clue about that.

thank`s yet again. john.
Hi We are staying at san pedro alcatara and was going to visit gibralter does anyone know if there is a limit to how many trips you can make to gibralter and what the current prices are for tobacco and how far away gibralter is from where we are staying

Thanks

Gary
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.