Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
exit controls
9 Posts
Thanks Jim.

I've never really used Dover as we tend to go from Hull to Belgium with National Holidays on mini breaks. The driver would collect all our passports whilst we waited on the coach & he'd take them to passport control.
We've always had our passports checked coming in and out of Portsmouth. Two years ago we were on Brittany Ferries' small fast ferry back from Cherbourg and it docked just behind the Normandie which is a huge boat. It took us an hour to clear immigration that night.
We also used the Rosyth-Zeebrugge ferry when it operated as a car ferry and we had one of the children's passports questioned at Rosyth; she was 4 and the passport had been issued when she was only 6 months old.
The same will apply at Channel Tunnel at Folkestone, all travellers will be required to show passports. Tonyt
Are you from Hull then Glynis or just passing through ?

This will be a nightmare in peak season :/
I wonder if Siesta will also be changing departure times from resort ?
No Beefy not from Hull I'm from the North East. My friend and I sometimes go on the mini cruise to Belgium for our shopping & use National Express as they are reasonably priced & convienient with local pickup.

It doesn't take too long for the driver to sort the passports & we are usually waiting around to board anyway. On the rerun leg however we show them individually to the Belgium authorities. Same entering UK.
just back from trip and we went straight through passport control on the way out.
i believe they are starting slowly and only doing some of those leaving the uk at the moment.
coming back was the same though, all off the coach at 05.30 to parade through the passport control at calais
Went through the tunnel and it was no problem but we were off season
We got checked last week but didn't cause any great delay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.