Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
This might be a good time to point out that very often extra legroom seats have fixed armrests. Something those larger in the beam might like to take into consideration when booking. I found this out the hard way when I didn't fit. :rofl
I always try and book row 13 seats A or F when travelling. Row 12 always seems to be the row where the door that passengers enter the plane and has at least 3-4ft in front of the seat.I cant book this row because I have a back problem.
Maybe some planes have a different seating layout but most of Thomas Cook and Thomson planes I have been on recently have been this layout.
I didn't think Thomas Cooks operated 737-300s but could be mistaken. The extra leg room seats will be dependent on the type of plane and the seat pitch which that particular airline uses.
Just an update

Im sorry to say i conceded and accepted the £ 50.00 offer from First Choice :cry

After sending my 3rd letter stating consumer regs etc and having a reference from Trading Standards I thought they might have sent me the £ 75.00. No I received a letter yesterday basically telling me I havnt given any consideration to the points they made !!! and to give it further consideration. But if i want to contact ABTA here is their address .

Again I know £ 25.00 is not the end of the world , but I am still very angry that I paid the £ 100.00 for the legroom seats.

But hey will have to look forward to next holiday :)

Thanks for all the replies and thanks to Stewart for the seating plan
dont go by charter flight go by scheduled airline if possilble its better service in fact its better all round good seats good food your are treated like human beings not cattle
Would fly Thomson Airways Premium upgrade before schedule economy or premium economy any day.
what price premier economy no contest as regards schedule airlines try virgin absolutley brilliant no hassle at goa airport because all custom checks done at mumbai easy peasy no hassle like the chaos at dabolim when 380 people try to queue at 3 passport control points then you try to get your baggage of the carasuel we had enough of that, off the internal flight striaght through no problem
Sounds ok if you're off to Goa but there's no way I'm paying an extra £780 to fly Virgin premium economy to go to the hotel we want in Jamaica, for very few extras than you get with Thomson airways premium.
Another update

As of today still awaiting cheque !!

Apparently was sent out on 23rd March !!

Now I have to wait another 3 weeks for them to cancel cheque and reissue the cheque.

Amazing not one of the letters refusing my claim got lost in post :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.