Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You don't mention where this hotel is, who you booked it with (was it a package or DIY)????
Where did you got to? Car hire companies always try to sell you the extra insurance so I can't understand why you didn't use the car. As for the hotel, well you should have complained to the rep, was it a Thomas Cook holiday?

I cannot believe what you have posted. It makes no sense at all these days. Maybe 40 years ago!
Come on Lawrence answer our questions. We are dying to know the details.
Come on Lawrence answer our questions. We are dying to know the details.

Probably have a long wait as he has not returned since posting.

Last visited: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:10 pm
I think the Lawrance family would be safer in Blackpool in future.
Yet again someone comes on with their 1 and only post moaning about some injustice. Look back through the pages and see how many 1 time posters are here. And 9 times out of 10 you can almost tell they had no or inadequate holiday insurance or didn't read properly what they were signing. Just my opinion mind.
Process of elimination.. sand dunes.. Tropical beer... sounds like Fuerteventura, or possibly Gran Canaria?
I reckon Fuerteventura - poster mentioned Thomas Cook and Oasis Club - that's where that hotel is - and the Thomas Cook page doesn't promise it has aircon - which again matches the post.
...at least it gave us a bit of deduction work, Bill :think
Perhaps in cases like this an email from the Mods might be worth its weight in gold?
Babs135 wrote:
Perhaps in cases like this an email from the Mods might be worth its weight in gold?

Mods? What's them?

Apart from the lovely Darren answering the flight/ aircraft questions......

The mods have all...erm how can I phrase this....... resigned.?

Sanji x
Sanji wrote:
Babs135 wrote:

Mods? What's them?
Apart from the lovely Darren answering the flight/ aircraft questions......
The mods have all...erm how can I phrase this....... resigned.?
Sanji x

It is sort of sad. I've enjoyed this website for a number of years and got some good information from it.
And occasionally where I felt I knew enough, I tried to help others.
Back in the dim past of maybe 2008 - it was a place where friendly folk could console one when stuff went pearshaped, offer advice, or occasionally, point out where one was thinking wrongly!
However it's now gone SO quiet.

In the past there were many, many posts from/to the Goa experts/wannatrys. Maybe the busiest part of the whole site. But now so quiet.
The new India eVisa rule for Brits - and dramatically reduced charge - means for me, as a previously annual regular who dumped India in 2012, I'm thinking now of going back there.
And I've a couple of questions. But do I post here where likely there will be no response?
Or TA - where I'll probably get an answer but it might not be relevant - ie UK biased
- as an answer from my HT friends would have been.

Maybe HT will rise like the Phoenix and enrich our holiday planning once again.
Let's hope......
Similar story here - I used to be a frequent and regular contributor on the Cuba sub-forum but I've just checked now and there hasn't been a new post into for nearly 3 months. And that was from me! Given recent events and the changes that are about to happen in Cuba I was expecting a resurgence in interest from people who have been saying to themselves that they must visit Cuba before it changes for ever. However, if they are planning to finally go then they seem to be turning elsewhere for their info and questions.

SM
sand dunes.. Tropical beer.....

Could be Lytham St Annes .... so perhaps Blackpool might be a bit easier .. no dunes there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.