Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Won't any hotel welcome you with open arms in the evening as long ads you buy at the bar? Or am I wrong on that? I've never been quite sure!
lol - yes I expect they will! We just wanted something to keep the kids occupied in the evening. Have you got any ideas?
There is a crazy golf park on the avenue mediterranean across from the Don Pancho Hotel
Also a ten pin bowling ally on the avenue mediterranean up near the old town.
Panchos bar at the rear of the Don Pancho have a childrens entertainer .
Panchos have a childrens entertainer on every night, all the children seem to love it, not 100% sure of the times but I think it maybe from 8pm to 10pm
thank you both, never been to the area before so am getting as much info before hand as I can
Have a walk throught old town at night there are quite a few street entertainers on. White horse at the end of levante has a kids area and happy hour each night.Cellar bar nearby has a clown each night Louis I think he`s called. Get a voucher from the bars (6 euros off) and go to Terra mitica, cooler at night and cheaper too.Sit in one of the bars on the promanade and let the kids play on the beach in front of you. Go to the aquarium in the old town, have a drink in the bar after and look at the view it`s to die for. If aquarium is clossed hava drink anyway and then wander past the church, they have markets on an evening.
I mentioned earlier using other hotel bars in the evening, is it common practice to use other hotel swimming pools in the day? Do people do this?

I am going back to Benidorm in a fortnight and would quite like to revisit the hotel I stayed in four years ago, just for a couple of hours.
What Playa Flamenca are you going to?

The replies you have so far are about Benidorm........Are you staying on the Orihuela Costa, south of Alicante?
Didn't know there were 2!! I am talking about Playa Flamenca just outside Torrievieja on the Orihuela coast - wellnoticed batman! ;0)
Thought as much, but I was wondering if they had opened another hotel by that name in Benidorm which I didn't know about!

Well you can happily disregard the previous posts, unless you are up for an hour's drive when you are over!

The only hotel that I can think of near to Playa Flamenca would be the Torre Joven, and to be quite honest, I wouldn't eat there even if it meant seeing someone good for entertainment.

You haven't told us the ages of your kids, but nevertheless, are you really sure that you are going to need evening entertainment for them? I can't be the only parent that used to have a problem keeping my son awake long enough to eat dinner whilst on holiday. I think the key is to have them entertained during the day so that they are knackered come the evening.

You will not be hard pushed to find entertainment here, or anywhere else in Spain for that matter; but if there is something specific you are looking for, I live about a 20 minute drive from Playa Flamenca and drive through the area most days. Post back with the ages of your kids and the dates you are coming over, and I will try to help further.
aw sweetie! thanks for all of that. The Hotel we were looking at was La Zenia. The Kids are 10 and 13 so it's not so much getting them quiet, it's at that awkward "between" age. We will be in Playa Flamenca for a couple of weeks mid July. Thanks :0)
If you are thinking of going to la Zenia hotel you will probably be using a hire car, in which case there are much better places to take them.

The Meson Villa Salada on the Crevillent road would be my first choice. In summer they have flamenco, guitar and horse shows in the evenings and some daytimes. At the moment Menu del Dia there is only 10 Euro for a reasonable buffet with entertainment thrown in. It is predominately Spanish speaking there, but there is one waitress that can speak some English if you need her. You may need to book in July (as with most places), and I can supply phone numbers and directions if needed.

Patio Andaluz on the main road to Playa Flamenca (on the Punta Prima roundabout) has been refurbished and has evening entertainment.

There is always something going on at Asturias restaurant on the N332, and they have a Go-Kart track next door, with a smaller track and slower cars for younger kids.

Try Ozone at the Haberneras Center, they have bowling and other indoor activities.

There are bound to be fiestas during your stay, grab a copy of the Costa Blanca News when you get here and you will have a full entertainment listing.

If you need any more help, just post back.
Yes we are hiring a car, picking it up from the airport. Where is the Crevillent road? Actually bought a map of the area so I'll look. The Meson Villa Salada sounds great, I would love to see a Flamenco. I've noted one Fiesta in Torrievieja by the seafront. Don't mind non English speaking areas, actually prefer to go off the beaten track. Thank you so much for the tips, it's been really helpful
The Carretera Crevillente may be marked on your map as the CV 905. It is the main road which runs from Torrevieja, inland to the AP7 motorway. You can pick it up easily by following the Centros Comerciales turn off at Torrevieja.

After a few roundabouts and a few kilometres you should see the large sign for the restaurant, on the left, which is set a little way back off the main road. You will have to drive to the next roundabout and double back on yourself to reach the restaurant.

It is very popular and you will have to book a table (if possible get one close to the action). You will also need to check exactly what entertainment is being provided for your chosen visit.

The ‘all you can eat' buffet is popular and goes down well with kids; or you can order from the menu.

The phone number is 96 678 63 02

The web page is http://villasalada.es/

(I have not heard about a fiesta in Torrevieja for that time, do you mean the feria (fair) which is there all year round?)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.