Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Avenida apartments in the old town. You would have use of the Hotels pool and it`s a 5 min walk to beach.Nice clean airconditioned apartments, good location not too rowdy area. Plenty of bars around both English and Spainish. Mc donalds 5 mins away. Bus stops 5 mins for trips to Mundomar, Terremitica. Have a look at the reviews.
I totally agree Christine, Ive stayed at the Avenida and they are fantastic apartments. What made it for me was the Pig and Whistle pub round the corner and the 2 minute stroll to the beach.
Which website do you usually book through?
Anyone been to Altea?
charlie9 wrote:
Anyone been to Altea?

Yes I've been there several times. Only stayed in a hotel once. We stayed in the Cap Negret Hotel for a few days in 2004. Nice hotel, reasonable food, lots of Spanish clientele, reasonable drink prices, beautiful pool area.

Albir is pretty good too, if you're looking for alternatives.

We prefer Benidorm because there is more choice of what to do etc. (And it's generally cheaper!!!) but Altea and Albir are nice places too.
Depends when you're going, Altea is quite quiet in the winter.
you could try these companies they rent out apartments too

http://www.benidormdirect.com

http://www.benidorm-spotlight.com
If your going in the Winter i would say stay in Beni as its still quite busy, everything is open and it's great, but if it's summer time you could try Finestrat it's only a 15 minute bus ride but i find it more of a family resort, it has a small bay and the kids can play on the beach while you eat in the few Restaurants around the bay, its more of a Spanish resort as it's quite small, i love it, but also love Beni, but if i had the choice it's Finestrat for me. :)
bear in mind the beach at Altea/albir is stoney ,no sand at all ,oh apart from a few bits where they have volley ball
Finestrat sounds better for August - probably quieter. Are there any British places to eat there too or is it all Spanish?
Hi it does get busy in August in Finestrat, but not over busy, there is restaurants around but around the bay there are 5 Spanish and 3 English, but if you walk back up say to the hotel Bali you will find quite a few English restaurants, one thing i would say is that Finestrat has quite alot of bars but not much entertainment, if you like cabaret and disco,s then you would be bored in Finestrat, i,ve just come back after spending a month there it suits me as if you want to go into Benidorm for 1 euro you can catch the bus and in August it runs all night, so you get the best of both worlds :)
Have you thought about Calpe, that,s a lovely resort, if you want to know any more just ask.
crystal
Benidorm is always busy, thats the beauty of it, which ever time of year you go. The best thing is that it is large enough to accomodate everyone but it never feels overcrowded. The Avenida are in a great spot as you can walk 5 mins to Levante beach if too busy go 10 mins further and your in Poniente.

I`ve booked through Direct Holidays and Airtours. Comsos do them. I also have booked a diy holiday to them, I booked flights with Easyjet and the Apartments with Alpha rooms. I personaly prefered the diy way as we didn` t end up driving around Benidorm dropping people off.

We stayed in Albir last year for a week in August it was great for a week, enough for us to do, we went into Benidorm on the bus several times, to be honest it was a bit too hot to be sitting on a very crowded bus. Albir is a small resort compared to Benidorm, if you like small places without crowds you would like it here.

Don`t get the wrong idea about Benidorm, it`s nothing like Blackpool ,like some people say, I think they are the ones that don`t go out and explore it. I`ve been at least 10 times now and still haven`t seen it all.

The Pig and Whistle close by as Bev says is brilliant.
we are staying at the avenida hotel has any one been cant wait 21stnov
Hi Derek ... we have a separate thread for the Hotel Avenida, which also contains a link to our reviews of this property ... please click here.

David :wave
:) You might like Javea Arenal beach with many English pubs , but also people from Spain an dmany other countries.
Golden beach apartments are nice an close to the beach .
google with : golden beach javea

Good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.