Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi hf5,

Welcome to the site.

Some previous threads which might help are HERE, HERE and HERE.

We all have different opinions on where to go, but for 'quiet-ish + beach', Albena might suit you.

Balkan Holidays are the market leader in the UK with the largest selection of holidays in Bulgaria - see BALKAN.

If you have any further questions just ask.

Peter
Balkan might have the largest selection in the Brochures but they do not come out as the cheapest. The big operators are catching up fairly quickly with more hotels on offer this year and they come out cheaper.
Fitzy16, Have you looked at the Hotel only part of the Balkan Brochure and arrange your own flight to suit. Okay I am near to Gatwick so maybe cheaper for me but I have booked for 30th May 2 weeks B/B in a previously booked Hotel, single supplement, balcony, and sea view out of above brochure a flight with B.A. all for under £310. This is for Albena. flying into Varna. Tonyt
If you are thinking about booking with other operators bear in mind the flight times and the times you leave your hotel.

With Balkan you have your room until leaving the hotel and this can make a BIG difference, other operators usually charge extra for this and it is not guaranteed.

Early morning flights are also given a packed breakfast before leaving the hotel saving you buying at the airport which can work out expensive.

Patka
These are the prices I`ve got for 2007 at the Meridean for the first 2 weeks in August. All I`m trying to point out, is that Balkan do not come out as always the cheapest. Flight times, cosmos, Balkan and going places(airtours) are decent morning/lunchtime flights. Thomas cook & first choice are rubbishy late afternoon early evening flights.
As with all hoildays,it pays to look around.
I thought this was an advice site and my advice is to look around.

Balkan holidays £1271
Cosmos £1152
Thomas Cook £1000
First Choice £1408
Going Places £1233
Hi hf5.

Must sayI agree with peter on the fact that we all have different ideas on where to go but dont get stuck on the northern end of the country check out Sozopol or even Primorsko which have good beaches but are quieter than sunnybeach or golden sands also there is nothing wrong with Pomorie or Ravda again beaches but quieter and still within reach of Nessebar or sunny beach if you want to have a quick look.
last year with first choice it cost us about £40 to keep our room till obout 8pm coach pick up about 11.30pm. a couple of years back with balkan we kept our room till 2am.no packed lunch though :(
Thank you for the replies so far re my family holiday! I am really grateful and has certainly given us 'food for thought'!
Hope to sort something out soon! Helen
We went with Balkan a couple of times in the past 3 years staying in the Oasis.
We were picked up at about 4.00am and on the 1st year we were given a packed breakfast but the 2nd time they had laid some tables out for us and we dined in the restaurant.
Excellent service. ( rooms ours until we left )

8) Toonman
Hi Hf5, welcome to HT. Have you looked at Albena? We stayed at the Ralitsa (with Balkan) and couldn't fault it - good for kids, too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.