Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Family of 5
6 Posts
Hi Bev... I know some peeps love Alcudia but I'd just say be careful where you choose to stay and avoid the lakes areas as ozzies are a HUGE problem. Over the years have seen lots of travellers at check-in desks in Palma airport with boil like bites all over having stayed in Alcudia.

Sa Coma is lovely...why not try one of the Protur hotels/apts and make use of La Reserva? We went as 'outsiders' this year and had an amazing time, as a Protur guest you get to go cheaper. We plan on at least 4 visits next there year as it's a safe, family friendly and you don't have to pay a penny once you get in there as everything...drinks, food and ice creams are free :)
We stayed at the Delfin Azul in 2004 and had a wonderful time, there were only four of us then though, I don't know if they have 5 bedded rooms or interconnecting ones, no doubt someone on here will tell us.
if going HB, A Thomson Hotel I can highly recommend, and the one we will definitely return to one day, is the Son Baulo in C'an Picafort, about 7 miles south of Alcudia, it is right on the beach, the food was very nice, entertainment was good most nights and the waiters (in my opinion) are the best on the Island, certainly in the numerous hotels we have stopped in.

We have never been SC, but a couple of friends with children have stopped in Puerto Pollensa at the Thomson superfamily hotel, think it is the Playa Mar? not sure of room sizes though.

We priced up the Lagotel in Playa de Muro, with first Choice, also TUI ,definitely has 5 bedded rooms, ans SC, HB & AI catering options.

Didn't realise Thomas Cook were part of TUI, thought they were a different company, some people on these forums have been commenting on hotels being sold by both Thomson & Thomas Cook were a lot cheaper booking through TC.
we are a family of 4 and have been to the Bonaire in Cala Bona twice and loved it. Food was great in the restaurant and bars, pool area is good with lots going on, they have all the Thomson kids parties going on daily and on a night and is very close to the resort centre with a few bars and restaurants. Plus its a nice walk on a night further a field.

:tup
If you decide on Alcudia have a look at the Astoria Playa,food good but I think they only do half board, we have stayed there three times only minutes from the beach across the main road but everybody stops if you use the crossing and minutes from the town but not noisey when we have been. There can be a mossie problem at times but I think this is more early in the year and sept/oct, but we have had holidays when we have only seen 1,Great beach
we stayed at the bougan villa all inc was amazing loved it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.