General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Family of 5.
11 Posts
Stayed in a lovely 2 bed apartment in gran canaria all inclusive altamar I think it was called , I think you can book with Thomas cook and direct holiday, though there are only three two bed apartment on the complex.
Accommodation such as you need for 5 people is hard to come by. My son & dil took their 3 children to Greece AI last August. They had a fab time, but the cheapest price they came up with in August was £2500 for a week. They stayed here http://www.kalamakibeach.com/
Try putting in 5 adults or 4 adults 1 child in the search - should solve the problem.
Thanks for the replies, I've checked the places mentioned and they look OK. Looks like I have no choice but to go through the tour operators as the budget websites don't seem to cater for larger families.

I've tried all different combinations of adults/children and it makes no difference, most AI holidays I have looked at consider anyone over 11/12 to be an adult anyway.

It's a little annoying though as through the budget websites we can have two separate rooms for 5 adults for £1600-£2000 but through the larger tour operators it will cost £1000+ more! It doesn't make sense to me.

I'll keep searching. Any more suggestions gratefully received.
Have a look at the co-op travel
I know you are looking for the spanish resorts but as a family of 5 here are a few A/I places that we have stayed in over the years but please check recent reviews. We soon cottoned on though that it was usually cheaper to have 2 standard rooms and just to request adjoining or inconnecting rooms than it was to pay the large supplements T/Os want for family rooms .. Have you checked Travel republic

Loz zocos in Lanzarote .. 2 bedroom apartment
Club sun city ..olu Deniz in turkey. Teens love it here .
San miguel beach club in ibiza . two interconnecting rooms here but maybe better suited to younger children
Hemera side turkey .. we had 2 rooms here but they have apartments too that I believe slept 5 .. Direct holiday often have good deals here and it's an excellent high standard a/I as most are in this part of Turkey

Goodness I've stayed at more than this .. I need to get my thinking cap on .
I hadn't seen travel republic before now and it seems to be the best site for me. I have searched a variety of locations and they are all finding 2 bedroom accommodation. Thanks for that.

The only problem I have found is many of the flights are at unsociable times but thats not a major issue I can select from a variety of flights/times.

I am considering a few places and they are well within budget as they are mostly under or around the £2000 mark for all of us with all the options we need added, the most expensive so far has been under £2500 for my needs!! I just need to research the hotels on offer now.

Thanks for all the help.
I think I may have found a good deal for me but I would like to find out a bit more before confirming if I can pick your brains a little more. ;)

My daughter and her boyfriend also now want to come with us so we are looking for flights for 7 and 2 hotel rooms.

After much searching I found that we could travel late August to Santa Susanna resort hotel for a total of just over £2400 for all seven of us via travel republic. I have read the reviews both good and bad and there is nothing to really put me off as I'm not expecting 5* luxury on a tight budget.

Has anyone been to this resort and even this hotel, if so please feel free to share your experience.

I have read that the beach is 'gritty' coarse sand, if that's true is there a nice sandy beach within a reasonable distance? We are all able bodied so a bit of a walk is no problem.

Thanks.
ok personal view as somebody with a family of 5 that always does A/I in the summer holidays is that I wouldnt be expecting too much at £2400 . I would expect to pay that for S/C including flights for 2 weeks so if you take the view that you will have entertainment , drinks , plenty snacks and basic food you wont go far wrong and have a thoroughly good time . To be fair Ive had a quick glance on the reviews and for that money it looks a pretty safe bet bargain to me . Excellent find by the looks of it :D

You have realistic expectations about what to expect so I Reakon you will have a brilliant time
Hi sturose ... for info specifically about Santa Susanna Resort, you may be best in our Costa Brava forum.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.