Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
fancy a change
10 Posts
icemeler is very nice and so is marmaris,,,,,,,,,,for next year im thinking of Fethiye as all ive heard is good things,,,,,there is also a new sensatori hotel opening there for next year
Kalkan is very nice lots of lovely restaurants, beach in the town is pebbly but there are boats to beach clubs, and boat trips around the bay. You can catch the dolmus to Patara and kaputas sandy beaches as well.
Dalyan was our first destination in Turkey and we enjoyed it so much we have gone back every year since, going again in a month.

Very easy and quick transfer, lively but not rowdy and extremely easy to find total complete solitude and relaxation if you wish that.

Dalyan is set on a river with access to a lake and mud baths or you can take a dolmus or a scenic ride on a water taxi down to a superb beach, the whole area and resort is very scenic.

There are plenty of places to eat with a good choice of quality food, several bars but no 18-30 types, thankfully.

There are plenty of hotels to choose from, I can't really recommend many as we only ever stay at the first one we went to which is the Central Hotel and Café.
I second that kiltman we also love dalyan its just so relaxing with plenty of fishing too )) we go again in October.
Hi and many thanks for the info, just booked 11 nights in dalyan staying at the donmez hotel it is cheap and cheerful (hopefully) but looks ok, cheers tel.
andyf wrote:
icemeler is very nice and so is marmaris,,,,,,,,,,for next year im thinking of Fethiye as all ive heard is good things,,,,,there is also a new sensatori hotel opening there for next year

we usually go to fethiye but stay just up the road in ovacik, everything you heard about the place is true it is lovely, we are thinking of retiring there when the time comes, cheers tel
Hi and many thanks for the info, just booked 11 nights in dalyan staying at the donmez hotel it is cheap and cheerful (hopefully) but looks ok, cheers tel.

The Donmez is in a good position, just up the top of the main street but in a quiet position, some of the rooms might even have views over to the tombs?

Do take a plug in mozzie killer it can be bad with them due to being close to the river.
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:

The Donmez is in a good position, just up the top of the main street but in a quiet position, some of the rooms might even have views over to the tombs?

Do take a plug in mozzie killer it can be bad with them due to being close to the river.

:( mozzies do tend to like me can of repel 100 is ready and waiting though
2 day and we are off to Dalyan, if I remember before the effects of the Efes kick in :D I will try and pop in to the Donmez and have a look around for you :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.