Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Far East
4 Posts
Bernie, I would wait. May's not busy, and airline offers won't be out yet. I'd leave it until October time and look again.
Hi Bernie,

Good advice from Sam - also may be a thought to post on the Thailand forum for Samui.

I must admit that I think Samui boast some beautiful scenery, but Janet and I hated Chaweng town. If you want to be close to Chaweng, either Poppies (boutique) or the Amari may be worth a look.

It is now a few years since we were in Samui, but, depending on whether you just want places to go in the evening (Bophut / fisherman's village may suit) or prefer the hub hub of Chaweng, there are some great places. Have a look at the Anantara, near Fisherman's village, or for something even quieter, but within easy Taxi / Songthaew distance of Fisherman's village or even Chaweng (and assuming you do want up-market), Sala Samui or Tongsai Bay, may suit.

Enjoy your research, you have plenty of time, and then enjoy Samui.

Peter
I was a bit brief in my response before. Cathay Pacific offer inclusive tour fares to Samui that uses the once daily Samui - Hong Kong non-stop flight, and they aren't out yet. Otherwise look at flights in HK, and see if Bangkok Airways offer good deals on that sector to avoid routing via Bangkok. However, to access them, you'll have to speak to a Tour Operator that works with Cathay Pacific, and book in conjunction with accommodation (i.e. a tailor made package).

There are plenty of great hotels in Samui, and in May you should get a good deal, but I personally would avoid Chaweng like the Swine Flu. One of my favourite hotels is Zazen in Bo Phut, but it might be a bit small and boutique for some people. Check it out on trip advisor. The Anantara Samui is good value, and you might see an offer or two for the Sala Samui, although probably not for under 1k per person.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.