Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Los Bandidos (Mexican) in Ayia Napa...... The best on the island!! :cheers

J.
The Blue Bay is in Pernera, right on Pernera Beach and near the Pernera Beach Hotel. Fantastic value for money.
julian01 wrote:
The best on the island!!

You've tried them all, then?!
Care to name them.....in order of preference?

Mark
Our favourite in Protaras was a typical Greek taverna Kaoullas, literally a one minute walk just off the main strip on the main road heading to Agia Napa. (Turn left at the Corner and Diva restaurants. )

The portions were generous and reasonably priced and the surroundings were lovely. Whitewashed courtyard with fountain and vine covered terrace, working windmill, checked table cloths and and lovely Greek music. We returned many times and all meals were very good. The swordfish (9.80 euros) was the best we have had, and the chicken kebab in pitta with chips (8.50 euros) was just enormous. Sieftalies (grilled meatballs 8.50 euros) was also a favourite and the houmous (2.10 euros) was the best we have ever tasted.

There weren't really that many typical Greek tavernas as most of the places to eat in Protaras are either international, British pub type or Italian. The couple who ran Kaollas said it was the quietest May they have known for 25 years, and I think a lot of Brits were eating in the hotels on meal deals because of the weakness of the pound against the euro. It was a real shame, sometimes we were the only ones there. They cater for wedding parties there and I think it would be an ideal place to have a reception.

Our other favourite restaurants were Anatolia (other end of the strip, turn right at the Egyptian bar and walk along a little bit), which was just as busy as ever (the beef stifado was the best I have tasted), and Romeo garden taverna (next to the big Chinese restuarant which is all lit up, opposite Nicholas taverna) but don't sit right next to the water fountain because it smells a bit. The owner there was lovely and gave us two water melons he had grown to take back to the apartment with us.
You've tried them all, then?!
Care to name them.....in order of preference

Fair shout, :rofl
Certainly the best IMO in the Napa area!

..... unless you know better???? :think

J.
If we're talking Mexican, Aztecas in Larnaca takes some beating. IMHO, of course! :wink:
Marquis de napa in Ayia napa is our favourite restaurant. VERY good service and VERY good choice. We'd recommend it to anyone.
A little local taverna past the port and right down the beach by the salt plains- Limmasol
Pelicans to see and yummy food
I presume you mean one of the establishments on Lady's Mile Beach.....but which one??
My suggestion for a beautiful meal and a relaxing night out in Paphos is a Restaurant called the 'Almond Tree'.
My wife and I saw it one night when we were strolling around the streets, looking for a likely place to eat. We didn't get in that night as all the tables were booked but seeing and smelling the food, we returned on a number of occasions and were never disappointed!
A little pricier than the average but very well worth the extra cost.
Had some lovely meals in Pernera

The Blue Spice was lovely - recommend the Chilli Chicken. If you go (I think) from Thurs-Sat then they have live music (piano and singer etc). Beautiful resturant too.

The Polyx-----(cant remember the whole name - near the beach past the Marlita) was good on Greek Night (Friday) - the Beef Stifado was amazing. The glass balancer was great entertainment and thery get everyone from their seats and lead you around the place to dance!

The Mojito Bar and Grill had lovely food too - recommend the Tandoori Chicken Kebabs. Nice cocktails too.
most fav restaurant i find is ...clarabels, in ayia napa, been lots and lots of times and spot on every time...beautiful!
The Polyx-----(cant remember the whole name - near the beach past the Marlita) was good on Greek Night (Friday)

do you mean the Polyxenia Isaak right down on the beach with the sun loungers etc ? - http://polyxenia.com/

Steve
Hi guys!

We leave for Protaras on the 27th August from Glasgow for 1 week staying at the Golden Star Apartments.

Just wondered if anyone can recommend any good value restaurants in the area. I had been years ago and found the chinese down towards the Polycarpia Hotel very nice! (anyone know if it's still there?)

Many thanks, have a great holiday!

Andy
Hi Andyquid

We were in Protaras at the end of May and the Chinese was still there however I didn't use it. Theres a nice Mexican a couple of doors away from there. When you walk up the street from Golden Star to the main road theres a nice restaurant on the corner can't remember if its Georges or Georgios. If you go on the main road which heads out towards Pernera theres a lovely restaurant called Red Indian if you like burgers you'll be in your element the portions are quite big they also have a board outside with comments from diners which makes good reading. Further down that going towards Pernera theres a lovely restaurant called Rocks the food is lovely but its very quiet tend to get older people in there.

I can also recomment Island Affair which is on the main road towards Fig Tree Bay

Hope you have a lovely time

Caron
Thanks Caron,
Is the pub you are trying to describe not the Greenery? Have read a few god things about this bar, great cheap happy hours!
What about the beach? Is it pretty busy or are you able to get a bit of space to yourself?
Andy
I love il culturo del gusto....near to the windmills apts...scallops are to die for!! :sun2
:whoops not near the windmills...i meant the seagulls...sound the same :rofl
My favourite is the Hideaway in Pissouri, followed closely by The Bunch of Grapes also in Pissouri.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.