Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
This was the best site to mooch around on anyway....but does seem quicker and smoother this time Ive come on...just one quirk have come accross...has happened before a few times before the tweekin so dont think related....I get an email saying there has been a reply on a thread Im following...so I click on the link....get the log on screen...put in my details....it then goes to a screen that tells me Im not authorised to read the forum....?....it usually takes me to the post that caused the email to be sent....If I click on the disscussion forums everything then works fine and I can post replies ect.
Hi- glad to see you have got the site up and running again, and it's running really well for me.
My request is a very minor one, being a conventional soul I tend to read from top to bottom! Could we have a "mark forums read" button at the bottom of the page as well as the top, to save the effort (!) of having to scroll back up?
kate

This has now been programmed in and you can now find the link at both the top and bottom of the forum index.

Mark :)
Great site keeps you up to date with what is going on on the ground.

Mike
hi....update on my little quirk....I got email on 12th dec...Ive found thread and there have been no posts since my last post on 2nd nov....it was "good AI in canary isles for teens"...am puzzled.....tweetie
tweetie pie
I can answer that for you. We had someone spamming all the forums and so posts were removed- one from the thread you are interested in.

To everyone else
Don't be shy- if you have ideas for our forums we would love to hear them :)
Hi Van,

As a fairly regular contributor to HT, I find that everything is just fine the way it is. How can you improve on perfection ?? The Moderators do a great job in keeping the Forums in order which makes me one happy little bunny !!

Les
Quote:
Hi- glad to see you have got the site up and running again, and it's running really well for me.
My request is a very minor one, being a conventional soul I tend to read from top to bottom! Could we have a "mark forums read" button at the bottom of the page as well as the top, to save the effort (!) of having to scroll back up?
kate

This has now been programmed in and you can now find the link at both the top and bottom of the forum index.

Mark

Now that's what I call service!!
:cheers kate
Always enjoy have a look at this site. Its not the usual holiday moaners stuff you get in some other places.
I know almost all the recommendations for places are usually fairly honest and accurate.
Most of the stuff I put on is about Sunny Beach and St Vlas, where I spend my summer holidays, so I know most of the places that are being discussed, and find the content is usually spot on.

I'm going to Sharm El Sheik next week, so this was the first place I came to for advice about what will be a new experience for me.
I'm delighted that the site is running smoothly again as I do need my regular fix. The hard work Van and all the mods and admin people put in is much appreciated. I don't bother too much about checking for new posts, but usually go first to my regular forum (you know where to find me) then look through some of the others I'm interested in.

The little extra that Kiltman added to the Tunisian forum, "Tunisian Tales" for idle chit-chat about the area etc., is a lovely addition and helps to keep the rest of the forum on topic, whereas in the past some of us we may have been tempted to stray. :rofl

As others have said, I do wish more people would come back and tell us whether they have solved their problems, or if they've found the advice given helpful, particuarly when members have taken the trouble to post a detailed reply, but there is nothing the mods can do about that.
Milliemeg
i often wonder if a poster with a nuetral name is male or female,how about M or F after users name?

I'll look into that one but will have to offer three option: male, female and rather not say??

rpbristol - Thanks for your kind words.

jimd-f
when i click on
COSTA BRAVA HOTEL REVIEWS: click here to read or add one
i would like it to go straight to the reviews of the costa brava hotels rather than have to click through another couple of pages

I'm sure that can be arranged no problem

spike - Thanks for your kind words

roseweb - As mentioned earlier I'm going to look into the m/f option. Thanks for your kind words.

lallygirl - You're welcome - thanks for your kind words.

shirly h
have become a little despondent over the last couple of weeks but glad all is back to normal and I can get my regular 'fix' of HT again.

We too were frustrated as the problem was not apparent in any logs or pages. After many an hour we cracked it and thankfully we're back to speed. Enjoy your fix and thanks for the kind words.

Tweetie Pie - I see Fiona has covered your issue...The spammer only posted in All Inclusive where I believe your posts are located...I can only apologise but the system dispatches the email the minute a reply is made and we are unable to retract that email if the post is then removed.

Mark HT Mod - Cheers for passing on the news that one suggestion has already been implemented.

Greyeagle - Thanks for your kind words of support.

Cruisecontroller - Bless you your words are full of encouragement to go that little bit further than perfection :D

Justjoe - Really glad to hear you like the site and the info is accurate. I'm sure you'll have gathered as much info as you can about Sharm so hopefully you'll have the best holiday possible. Have a great time and let us know how you go.

Aslemma - glad to hear your happy with the site, The mods/admins do a wonderful, if not difficult job to keep everything on an even keel... I sometimes wonder if the mods/admins themselves realise how their efforts make the site a pleasure for members... So good to see some pats on the back for them in this thread.

We could try lynching those that don't return to tell us the outcome of their original post but somehow I think we'd get into bother :rofl

Van :wave:
Hi Van. Glad to see everything sorted. We think you all do a marvellous job on site.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Garry and Mary
As much as I love christmas which I do, I have changed the board in preferences back to sub-silver for me the snow coming down onthe chrissie board makes my eyes go funny - really good idea for chrissie baord but not liking the movement of the snow. Others may love it thought and thanks for the efforts xxx
I love the Christmas board. including the snow, it looks really festive.
Lovely surprise to see the Christmas board when i logged on. Love it!!!
I loved the snow and the Christmassy theme ..... but feel a bit guilty that I've gone back to the old subsilver because I find it easier to dip in and out quickly to check new posts on my topics of interest. Sorry - old dog, new tricks etc! :thanks
Hi Van,the site has been great never known it so quick,have really missed it the last couple of weeks
THANKYOU
I was pleasantly surprised to see the christmas theme, like a few others have already said, I love it too.

Les
The demons with logging on and posting that we've had for the last few weeks seem to have dissapeared.

No problem with logging on now and everything appears to be vey much quicker.

Thank you

Christmas board is lovely ................ Thank you one and all.
Smooth as silk and seems faster than it was before the problems; thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to put things right. :tup
  • Edited by Sagres 2009-12-13 16:45:19
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.