Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Now all I need to do is plan a holiday..........

Beat you there - I've just this minute booked flights to go back to Tunisia in April. :rofl I'll sort out the hotel later but grabbed a bargain eith BA whilst I had the chance.
aslemma

your too late we off next week to the Algave for Christmas and yesterday i booked the family holiday for Zakynthos in may :rofl
Milliemeg
i often wonder if a poster with a nuetral name is male or female,how about M or F after users name

Gender can now be added in your profiles. All new members have to add this now and existing members can click User Control Panel > Profile and make your choice.

Regards

Van :wave:
I will be responding to all other posts shortly.
Can I ask a quickie please the number of posts under the avatar seems to have gone - is that my puter or is that something you are fine tuning
Miss Pink thanks for asking re the number of posts made, i have lost that also. i really like that bit - is this forever or just a glitch?
I thought the post count under your avatar had been binned quite a while ago, it shows how much notice I take of post counts. :rofl
I think it was removed because it's quality and not quantity that counts, and not how many posts you can notch up. ;)
Members post counts can still be viewed when clicking on their profile. :D
No it's always been there until now shirley . The star system was taken away a few years ago I believe for the reason you mention. ;)
I like the idea of knowing if someone is male or female, I have assumed one or the other before and been wrong :whoops

Has the post count gone for good then? (I hadn't noticed it ha gone either). I always liked seeing how many posts people have written too as you can tell if someone is new and maybe needs a bit more info or if they have written loads and maybe know quite a bit. I wouldn't bother going into someone's profile to find out though.
I think the post count was there until yesterday or Saturday. I like it for pretty much the same reason as Kedi. Is there a reason why it's been deleted?
AS for male or female I think that's a good idea, though I don't think many people would have any doubts about my gender.
Thanks Lyn... :oops: I must be more observant in the future :rofl
I'm not bothered either way, if it's there or not, but the point I'm trying to make ( and not very good) is that the post count notched up, is not to be relied upon because you could notch up a post count writing a one line reply, which is neither informative or answers the original question.

It's difficult for new members, but I tend to "know" most of the posters and what type of reply they'll post....and that comes with being a member for a while and doing a bit of reading/research.

I'm just glad that the site is now stable and running at super speed, with or without the post count, it's been a frustrating time for all concerned, that seemed to be never ending.

Sanji
Hi
I tend to agree with Sanji about the post count, it's not necessarily a good indication of a member's contribution (or not) to the website.

A question from me:
I don't think you can click on a username and see all posts made by that person anymore.
Is that just me or is it part of the update?
If it's going to be a permanent thing, what is the reasoning behind it?

Other than that, everything is great, I find the website as a whole very easy to use - and invaluable for information on all sorts of destinations.

Regards
I think this is a really good site!
very informative and usually helpful.

I am a moderator on another site (motorbikes not competition)
and I know how hard work it can be!

my only suggestion would be for a thread for general banter in each section,
I sometimes struggle to decide where I should be posting what.

A big thank you and well done from me to all admin/mods on HT!
Hi Polly
Same as the post count, all the posts made by a particular member can be found by clicking on their profile button.
So really the issues of post counts or viewing all posts, is only a matter of one more click on the mouse button.

That's not too tiring ;) :rofl
Sanji
I've just found it under 'Search user's posts' - thanks.

I agree that it's not too tiring to make one more click - I just couldn't find it. :duh
You should still be able to get to that information by clicking the username on the right hand side when viewing a post.

Mark :)
Mark
that was my original point - I can't do that anymore!
Well, Mark, whatever you did - it worked!!!

Thanks.

Polly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.