Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
vanlaywan and fiona....thanks for reply about funny email...silly clod I am missed it first time round...ps snowy night sky is lovely...makes me feel all christmasy and feel I should be hearing silent night....so am humming it instead...tweetie
I think an upgrade to vBulletin software would work wonders and improve the overall look and feel of the site.
please dont change look and feel of the site.....tweetie
Have noticed the post numbers are back again
Have noticed the post numbers are back again

Hi Miss Pink
The feedback received shows that the majority of our members like the post count to be displayed so we have listened and re introduced them for you all :tup

Graham
I must admit I liked em too - thanks Mods and Admin :tup
That's good to see - thanks for that :tup
and another thanks from me too re the post count :tup
Hi - what are the post requirements to activate links, PMs and a signature? Have looked over the forum rules and can't see anything, forum won't let me PM an admin as I don't have permission :(
Signatures are only available on request and Admin will need to be contacted for approval.

Links and PM's are activated after a certain number of posts. This is to stop spammers abusing the system. We are unfortunately not able to reveal that threshold as it would set those spammers a target to achieve.

Trust you understand.

Mark :)
Is there any way we can resolve the problem of duplicate questions?
For example "Do I need a letter of consent" which has raised its head once again. I know there is a search facility but we so often seem to be answering a question asked a short time before. Even worse is when a question is asked we get lots of posts telling us of the experiences of others.
Perhaps a Sticky Topic dedicated to FAQs that we could simple refer people to as in TOs. Whilst I appreciate that we are here to help I wonder if people are put off with a plethora of the same topics.

fwh
Just bee reading this in Complaints - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=141639 and the helpful comments posted by Madsue.

I wonder if it would be possible to compile a list of "Local Office" numbers for the various destinations. If those were available for members in resort having a problem contacting the rep - or unable to do so as in this case - they could simply log onto HT from an internet cafe and get the number applicable to them. I know it might take some time to put it together so probably not of much use this year but it would be of use. We cannot always take every number we need but knowing exactly where to find it would solve problems for some.

fwh
I was wondering how the "what I have read" is is being stored on a per user basis?

There seems to be an issue tracking if you use multiple computers or use a computer with multiple IP addresses or on different ISP's.
The reading of topics is tracked through the database and is username dependant.

Mark :)
thanks, that's what I thought, I had some unreads when I moved my PC(to anothor isp) that I was sure I had read the previous day, but it may just be me.
Not sure if its been mentioned before but for those of us with not the best eyesight in the world could you please consider a colour change of the 'page xx of xx' that appear frequently in the heading / footings.

The dark blue background and the black small 'page info' lettering is not, in my opinion, a user friendly combination. On reflection its probably all the lettering of this size and colour that should be considered and not only the one I describe.

Thanks Chris
I agree with Chris, I too have bad eyesight and find it very difficult reading dark backgrounds. Black and white I have no problem or the cream/yellow background with the black lettering. These dark coloours may be fine for younger eyes.
Your post stated that you're staying with family in their private property, so perhaps that question should be answerered by your family who should know the law of the country their residing in.

We are a holiday website and don't provide answers on matters of law related to whether drug ususage and possession is lawful or unlawful.

Mark
On the subject of Hotel Reviews I posted elsewhere on HT some time back about this. When I do a review I use my Username. Is it possible to put a note in for people doing a review to add or post under that?

The Smith family is OK for them as they know who they are - we might know them as The Fintstones. On occasion I have been able to contact a member if I needed some info on a particular hotel and I have been able to help others.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.